Greywater is water from showers, bath tubs, washing machines, and bathroom sinks. Using greywater is an innovative way to reduce potable water use and flows to the sewer system. It provides for an efficient means to irrigate plants in your landscape, and provides natural groundwater recharge. For more information on greywater, see our Greywater FAQ (PDF).
Laundry-to-Landscape (L2L) Greywater Program
There are three types of greywater systems - Laundry-to-Landscape (L2L), Simple, and Complex greywater systems. PWP offers an L2L Greywater Program due to their simplicity, affordability, and easy maintenance. L2L systems are the only type of greywater system that does not need a permit to be installed.
The L2L Greywater Program provides:
- Monthly in-depth training and installation workshops from industry experts Greywater Action, including an overview of the State Guidelines for Permit-Exempt Greywater Systems (PDF)
- A voucher for $80 towards the cost of greywater system parts
- On-site technical assistance
- Workshops, incentives and on-site technical assistance available for HOAs
- No-cost installation of an L2L greywater system for income-qualified customers
How Do I Get Started?
L2L Greywater Workshop
Saturday, March 25, 2017
9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Villa Parke Community Center
363 E. Villa St.
Pasadena, CA 91101
This is a free event but registration is required. Space is limited.
Click here to register
You will be redirected to the Citizen Service Center page. Click "Submit a Service Request." Under "Request Type" click "Reservation." Then under "Select a Topic" scroll to "Water and Power - Events" and select the L2L Greywater Program Workshop. Please note: Workshops are limited to 20 participants. After registering, you will receive an email confirmation with an application for the Laundry-to-Landscape (L2L) greywater program.
Please complete the application (click here for application) and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the address provided on the application. Income qualified customers can apply to participate in our direct install program (click here for application) Funds are available on a limited basis.
Download Laundry-to-Landscape (L2L) Greywater Program Applications and Materials
• L2L Greywater Program Application: Fill out and print the completed application, and e-mail it to email@example.com
• L2L Greywater Direct Install Application For Income Qualified Customers: Income qualified customers can fill out and print the completed application, and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
• L2L Greywater System Owner’s Manual
Simple Greywater Systems
Simple greywater systems exceed a laundry-to-landscape greywater system and have a discharge capacity of 250 gallons per day or less. Simple greywater systems collect water from bathtubs, showers, and bathroom washbasins for irrigation purposes. Simple greywater systems do not include wastewater from toilets, kitchen sinks or dishwashers. Simple greywater systems require a permit, design and inspection by the City of Pasadena Planning and Community Development Department, because construction and installation of simple greywater systems require cutting of the existing plumbing piping.
If you have any questions about installing a greywater system, please contact PWP at email@example.com.