Civil Division


  • Represents the City Council and City officers in all matters of law pertaining to their office
  • Represents and appears for the City and its officers in all civil actions and proceedings
  • Attends meetings of the City Council, Community Development Commission, Fire and Police Retirement Board, and such other boards, committees, or commissions as required
  • Prepares all necessary legal documents such as contracts, deeds, ordinances, and resolutions
  • Performs legal research and prepares opinions as required

Outside Counsel

In discharging her duties and responsibilities to her clients, the City Attorney has the need, from time to time, to engage the assistance of outside law firms. Interested law firms and attorneys wishing to represent the City of Pasadena should fill out and submit the below Statement of Qualifications along with firm resume.

Counsel meeting the minimum qualifications will then be approved for inclusion in relevant Requests for Proposal, as they may be issued from time to time.

Statement of Qualifications

Maximum file size: 10MB


Public Records Act Requests

The Public Records Act Request Form can be used to make a written request for records. The more specific you are, the easier it will be to determine if such records exist in city files. Please note that the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250 et. seq.) applies to writings in city files “containing information relating to the conduct of the public’s business prepared, owned, used, or retained by any state or local agency regardless of physical form or characteristics.” The City will provide those documents to you, unless they are exempt from disclosure under the Public Records Act or other legal reason prevents the documents from being disclosed to the public. Public records may be requested online by clicking the button below. Alternatively, you may download the PDF form below to submit a request.
Request Public Records Online
Public Records Act Request Form (PDF)