PASADENA, Calif.—The City of Pasadena and Visit Pasadena have launched a campaign to encourage people to shop local this holiday season. The 'Shop Pasadena' campaign puts a spotlight on the hundreds of independently-owned Pasadena businesses, and encourages the community to shop small and dine local.
Every time someone visits their corner shop, grabs a bite at a local eatery or buys a shirt from the neighborhood boutique, they are helping support Pasadena’s independent business owners. Not to mention, shopping local keeps dollars in our city to support our schools, parks and other vital community services.
As part of the 'Shop Pasadena' campaign, independent businesses in each of the city’s commercial areas will serve as welcome stations for the campaign and distribute 'Shop Pasadena' canvas tote bags (while supplies last) beginning Saturday, Nov. 30, in honor of Small Business Saturday. Welcome stations across the city include:
Civic Center Area
- Europane Bakery & Café, 345 E. Colorado Blvd.
- FrenchiFornia, 247 E. Colorado Blvd.
College Commercial Area
- Lovebirds Café & Bakery, 921 E. Colorado Blvd.
- Milkcow Café, 1517 E. Colorado Blvd.
- Samy’s Camera, 1759 E. Colorado Blvd.
- Bloomfield Creamery, 1727 E. Washington Blvd.
- Southern Roots Gifts, 1387 E. Washington Blvd.
- Empire Bike Shop, 546 North Fair Oaks Ave.
- Mi Rinconchito Azteca, 687 N. Raymond Ave.
Hastings Commercial Area
- Colette, 975 N. Michillinda Ave.
- Foothill Restaurant, 2835 E. Foothill Blvd.
- Vromans Bookstore East Pasadena, 3729 E. Foothill Blvd.
HeArt (South Fair Oaks Health & Arts District)
- Jones Coffee Roasters, 693 S. Raymond Ave.
- Porta Via, 1 W. California Blvd.
Lamanda Commercial Area
- Bowhaus Pet Company, 2472 E. Colorado Blvd.
- Poo-Bah Record Shop, 2636 E. Colorado Blvd.
- STEM World, 2245 E. Colorado Blvd.
Lincoln Commercial Area
- Lincoln Pasadena, 1992 Lincoln Ave.
- Perry’s Joint, 2051 Lincoln Ave.
North Lake Commercial Area
- Bessy’s Boutique, 1353 N. Lake Ave.
- Maquina,1274 N. Lake Ave.
- Polkatots Cupcakes, 720 N. Lake Ave.
- Homage Pasadena, 100 N. Fair Oaks Ave.
- We Olive & Wine Bar, 32 E. Colorado Blvd.
- Whimsy Pasadena, 40 Mills Pl.
- El Portal Restaurant, 695 E. Green St.
- Run With Us, 235 N. Lake Ave.
South Lake Avenue
- The Bee Cottage, 496 S. Lake Ave.
- Float Pasadena, 380 S. Lake Ave.
- Republik Coffee Lounge, 854 E. Green St.
Walnut Commercial Area
- The Flowerman, 2450 E. Foothill Blvd.
- Namaste Spiceland, 270 N. Hill Ave.
How Businesses Across the City Can Participate
Independent and small businesses can take part in the 'Shop Pasadena' campaign through social media by using branded graphics and hashtags #shoppasadena and #locallove.
For questions about the 'Shop Pasadena' campaign and to request branded graphics, please contact the City of Pasadena Economic Development Office at (626)744-7357 or visit www.futureyourselfhere.com/shop-pasadena.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 744-7311.
About the Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau is a non-profit marketing organization dedicated to promoting Pasadena as a leading meeting, convention and leisure travel destination. With over 650 restaurants, more per capita than New York City, for guests to enjoy, including shopping and entertainment, Pasadena offers something for everyone. For more information about planning a trip to Pasadena, call (800) 307-7977 or visit www.VisitPasadena.com. Follow the Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau on Instagram and Facebook at @VisitPasadena.