PASADENA, Calif.—The City of Pasadena Public Health Department (PPHD) has confirmed three (3) additional cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Pasadena residents. These cases are likely due to community transmission. Only one case has been hospitalized. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pasadena is six (6). Due to patient confidentiality, no other information on confirmed cases will be provided.
PPHD is following up directly with those who have had close contact with these individuals and may be at risk for COVID-19 infection. Close contacts are monitored for signs and symptoms of illness and are quarantined.
On March 19, the Safer at Home Order was issued to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect the Pasadena community. Individuals can take everyday actions to protect the community and preserve local healthcare resources including:
- Do not have non-essential gatherings with anyone outside of your immediate family (living with you). Essential gatherings include medical visits and purchasing food.
- If you are sick, isolate yourself from others in your home and call your doctor to determine what care you need.
- If available, consider using telemedicine to speak with a healthcare provider, rather than visiting the emergency room or urgent care.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people when on essential outings, such as grocery shopping or riding public transit to an essential job.
- Continue strict personal hand hygiene and cleaning of surfaces.
- If you have recently returned from an area with ongoing COVID-19 infections, follow public health guidance and monitor your health. Call your healthcare providers and inform them about your travel history if you need care.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 744-7311.