PASADENA, Calif.—The City of Pasadena Public Health Department (PPHD) has confirmed a new case of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in a Pasadena resident. This is the second case with an unidentified source of exposure, which likely indicates community spread. (After investigation, a previously announced case was determined to be likely due to community transmission.) The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pasadena is three (3).
PPHD is following up directly with those who have had close contact with this individual and may be at risk for COVID-19 infection. Close contacts are monitored for signs and symptoms of illness and are quarantined.
“Your actions to stay at home will keep you and your family safer, as well as protect others in our community from COVID-19” said Dr. Ying-Ying Goh, PPHD Director and Health Officer. “The Safer at Home Order was issued to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect our community.”
Individuals can take everyday actions to protect the community and preserve local healthcare resources, including:
- Do not have non-essential gatherings with anyone outside of your immediate family (those living with you);
- If you are sick, isolate yourself from others in your home and call your doctor to determine what care you need;
- If available, consider using telemedicine to speak with a healthcare provider, rather than visiting the emergency room or urgent care;
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people when on essential outings, such as grocery shopping or riding public transit to an essential job;
- Continue strict personal hand hygiene and cleaning of surfaces; and
- If you have recently returned from an area with ongoing COVID-19 infections, follow public health guidance and monitor your health. Call your healthcare provider and inform them about your travel history if you need care.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 744-7311.