PASADENA, Calif.—Come celebrate the best of Pasadena’s creative, artistic community as ArtNight Pasadena returns on Friday, October 13, 2023, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., with free admission to 20 exciting, world-class arts and cultural venues.
There’s something for everyone during this exciting, family-fun, four-hour cultural extravaganza featuring a wide array of dance, music, visual arts and other activities. Join us for the many exciting highlights on October 13, a few of which are listed below by neighborhood. For the full list of participating venues and institutions, visit ArtNightPasadena.org:
- Join Boston Court Pasadena for an exciting multimedia evening featuring improvised electronic music by CINIMA and live painting by Surge Witrön.
- Enjoy student performances, art activities and succulent planting at artWORKS Youth Center.
- Enjoy a video projection and multimedia collages reflecting the artist’s explorations of AI, Black Culture, Ballroom culture, sign language, poetry and more at the Art Center, Mullin Gallery.
- Enjoy dance, live singing and music at the Lineage Performing Arts Center's black box theater.
- Explore the beauty and diversity of the historic Arroyo Seco in the juried fine art exhibition The Diverse Environments of the Arroyo Seco: Paintings from the California Art Club.
- Visit the Jackie Robinson Community Center for a celebration of the arts in the Northwest community. Enjoy the soulful sounds of JazzZone, watch an interactive painting come to life and participate in art workshops.
- WILD is a collaborative art experience highlighting the connection between sustainability, climate advocacy and endangered species. Created outdoor environments by community artists and Room 13 creative studios.
Remember, admission to all venues is free and free shuttle buses are provided by the City of Pasadena to and from all locations. Free shuttle buses will run 6-10 p.m. with stops at each venue. Pasadena City Hall is the primary transportation hub where you can alsoenjoy Halloween-themed musical theater, plant a tiny garden at our spooky succulent workshop or purchase a snack from the food truck before catching a free shuttle ride. Several venues also will feature co-located food trucks offering for-sale meals and treats.
The City’s Arts and Culture Commission funds Mini-grants to allow small arts groups and individual artists to participate. Each venue has a Braille version of the ArtNight brochure and many venues, including City Hall, will have food trucks on site. For more information about all ArtNight programming, please visit: ArtNightPasadena.org (also in Spanish).
Contact Rochelle Branch, Cultural Affairs Division Manager, Planning & Community Development Department: (626) 744-7062 for more information about Cultural Affairs Division programs.
Stay connected with the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at CityOfPasadena.net follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center Monday through Friday during business hours at (626) 744-7311.