[UPDATE: All parking restrictions resumed October 1, 2020]
PASADENA, Calif.—In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Parking Division of the Department of Transportation is implementing the following temporary modifications to parking policy in an effort to reduce the financial burden on residents and local businesses:
- Suspension of enforcement of the overnight parking ordinance.
- Suspension of enforcement of time limits in residential neighborhoods.
- Suspension of daytime street sweeping restrictions.
- Suspension of payment at all curbside parking spaces.
- All metered parking spaces will be temporarily converted to 20-minute parking to facilitate delivery and pick-up of food from restaurants. The 20-minute limit on these spaces will be enforced.
- Individuals looking to park long-term should park in parking garages and walk to their destination.
- Temporary suspension of non-critical vehicle impounds.
- Temporary suspension of booting and impounds for five or more past-due parking citations and for vehicles with expired registrations.
Staff will continue to enforce:
- All colored curb time limits.
- Time limits at the 20-minute spaces.
- Driveway blocks (by complaint only).
- Preferential parking districts, with the exception of the T-District (by complaint only).
- 72-hour parking violations (by complaint only, citations only, no impounds)
- Emergency access and public safety violations, including, but not limited to: parking in alleyways, blocking fire hydrants, and parking in fire lanes
Parking garages will continue to operate as normal, but operations are being closely monitored and may be modified as necessary.
Additional measures will be considered as the situation evolves.
For further information, please call (626) 744-7665 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 744-7311.