Reports & Notices
|Date:||2nd Wednesday of every month|
|Place:||Jackie Robinson Center
1020 N. Fair Oaks Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103
|Staff Rep:||Lola Osborne
|Mailing Address:||Human Services Commission
City of Pasadena
1020 North Fair Oaks Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91103
|Name||Nominating Authority||Term Expires|
|Latasha D. Jamal||District 1||6/30/22|
|Christopher Matthes||District 2||6/30/24|
|Jerry "JD" Cargill||District 3||6/30/23|
|George Paccerelli||District 4||6/30/24|
|Gloria Medel||District 5||6/30/23|
|Michael R. Albrecht||District 6||6/30/21|
|Jessica Xie, Chair||District 7||6/30/22|
|Ana Maria Apodaca||PUSD||6/30/22|
|Joe Ford||Agency Representative||6/30/22|
|Kenneth Rotter||Agency Representative||6/30/22|
|Jacques Bolton||Agency Representative||6/30/21|
The Commission shall consist of 13 members, who shall be nominated as follows: Each of the 7 Council members and the Mayor shall nominate 1 member each for a total of 8. The Pasadena Area Community College Board of Trustees shall nominate 1 member who resides within the PCC boundaries. The Pasadena Unified School District shall nominate 1 member who resides in PUSD boundaries. Human services agencies providing services within Pasadena shall recommend 3 members to the Commission for nomination to the Council, provided that each nominee must represent an agency serving Pasadena residents. All nominations are subject to ratification by the City Council. Members shall be required to file annual statements of economic interest pursuant to the city’s Conflict of Interest Code.
The purpose of the commission is to advise and make recommendations to the council regarding the human service needs of people of all ages in this community. This commission will aid the city in facilitating collaborative efforts and a coordinated approach to improve and expand the delivery of quality human services in Pasadena. This commission is established to respond to significant unmet human service needs and gaps as identified in such documents that include, but are not limited to, the Early Child Development Policy; Needs Assessment; and related materials.
The commission shall:
- Facilitate bringing city and community resources together to ensure the delivery of effective human services to people of all ages;
- Formulate ideas and suggest plans and programs designed to promote the availability and effectiveness of human services;
- Promote cooperation and collaboration among local agencies, organizations and commissions involved in the delivery of human services, consistent with the roles and responsibilities outlined in such documents as the Human Services Commission work plan;
- Recommend priorities to the council for city resources which respond to identified unmet human service needs;
- Collaborate with commissions, advisory groups, community agencies, provider organizations, groups and individuals to facilitate effective collaboration in addressing human service issues in Pasadena;
- Advise the council on ways to achieve human service goals consistent with council-adopted policies which address human services.
Term of Office
3 years. Limited to 2 consecutive terms. A term of 1 year shall not be considered a full term. No member who has served 2 terms shall be eligible for reappointment to the commission prior to the passage of a 2 year interval.