|Date:||2nd Tuesday of each month|
|Place:||Jackie Robinson Community Center
1020 North Fair Oaks Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91103
|Staff Rep:||Lola Osborne
|Mailing Address:||Northwest Commission
City of Pasadena
1020 North Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103
|Name||Nominating Authority||Term Expires|
|Beverly Sims||District 1||6/30/23|
|Alfred Lomax Carr||District 1||6/30/22|
|Monique Preyer||District 2||6/30/24|
|Julieta S. Aragon||District 3||6/30/22|
|Michael Anthony Cullins||District 3||6/30/23|
|Allen Shay||District 4||6/30/15|
|Pat Amsbry||District 5||6/30/23|
|Cindy Schnuelle||District 5||6/30/20|
|Ryan Bell||District 6||6/30/23|
|Kimberly Douglas, Chair||District 7||6/30/21|
11 members. Districts 1, 3 and 5 shall nominate 2 members.
Districts 2, 4, 6 and 7 and the Mayor shall nominate 1 member.
All nominations are subject to ratification by the City Council. In making appointments and filling vacancies, all Councilmembers and the Mayor shall ensure that the commission has a majority of representation from the Northwest community.
Pasadena residency required.
Members of the commission shall not be required to file annual statements of economic interest pursuant to the City’s Conflict of Interest Code.
- Serve as a monitoring body for the Northwest community.
- Work with the City Manager and staff on updating and revising the Northwest Strategic Plan.
- Provide ongoing oversight on the implementation of the plan.
- Provide periodic advice to the City Council on Northwest issues.
- Work with the City Manager and staff to promote economic development activities in Northwest Pasadena.
- Provide periodic advice to the Council on economic development activities in Northwest Pasadena.
- Present an annual review of the implementation of the plan's projects and programs to the City Council and the community.
- Recommend policies, procedures, programs and legislation to promote and ensure communication, civic involvement, and social and cultural environments to the Northwest residents of Pasadena.
- Consult and cooperate with other public agencies and commissions on matters relevant to the Commission.
Term of Office
3 years, limited to two consecutive terms. A term of less than a full year shall not be considered a term.
Terms expire on June 30th of applicable years. No member who has served 2 consecutive terms shall be eligible for reappointment to the commission prior to the passage of a 2 year interval.
Any member of the Commission may be removed by the City Council at its pleasure.
Northwest Commission Newsletters
scroll for more