Briefing for the Pasadena Business Community May 13, 2020
In an effort to keep you informed of developments related to COVID-19, the City of Pasadena offers the following information to the Pasadena business community. Our goal is to disseminate accurate public health information, offer recommendations to prepare for and slow the spread of the virus, and provide links to resources for additional information. Please disseminate this information with your businesses, community partners, etc.
City Hosted Business Briefing for Restaurants & Retailers- Thursday, May 14
The City of Pasadena invites business representatives to a virtual briefing on Thursday, May 14th from 10:30 am - 11:30 am. City Staff will provide specific updates for restaurants and retailers under the current Health Order. Participants will be able to dialogue with representatives from multiple city departments, and receive guidance for curbside pickup operations. To participate, click here.
Curbside Pick-Up Guidance for Retailers
To assist retailers to plan and prepare for curbside pickup, the City of Pasadena Public Health Department has issued a guidance document for curbside retail pickup. Prior to reopening, businesses should review the guidance document, complete a Public Health Reopening Protocol checklist, and post it in a conspicuous location at or near the entrance of their store. To access the guidance document and questionnaire, click here.
Curbside Pick-Up Guidance for Restaurants
Restaurants offering take-out must also adhere to social distancing requirements during curbside pickup and takeout operations. The restaurant guidance documents have been updated to include instructions for curbside and sidewalk management. As a reminder, restaurants are also required to complete and post a Public Health Protocol checklist in a conspicuous location at or near the entrance of their food facility. To access the updated guidance document and questionnaire, click here.
Guidance for Car Washes, Dog Groomers & Dog Boarding
Under the revised health orders, dog groomers, dog boarding, and dog walking are allowed to reopen for curbside operations. For more information, click here.
Car washes are also allowed to reopen for full service operations provided that social distancing and other infection control protocols are in place. For more information, click here.
Attention Business Owners- Here Are 3 Quick Tips To Tune Into This Week
With news and information churning out on the daily, here are 3 things that business owners can do now to keep the lights on. For more information, click here.
New Directory for Pasadena's Small & Independent Retailers- List Your Business!
The City of Pasadena and the Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau are collaborating on a new directory of Pasadena's small and independent retailers who are offering curbside pickup. This is a marketing opportunity for retailers to promote their business and merchandise while increasing brand loyalty and awareness with the public. To see if your business meets minimum criteria and to sign up, click here.
Webinar for Employees Who Have Been Laid Off Due to COVID-19
The Foothill Workforce Development Board will host a webinar for workers who have been laid off due to COVID-19 on Tuesday, May 26th from 11 am - 12 pm. Topics covered will include unemployment and health insurance, as well as provide opportunities for Q&A. To participate, click here.
Is Your Business E-Commerce Ready?
The Pasadena Small Business Development Center offers free workshops for businesses on a variety of topics. As businesses plan to reopen it is important to make sure that their online presence is ready for e-commerce. Join the Pasadena Small Business Development Center Friday, May 15th at 10:00 am for a free workshop to get your online store in order. For more information, click here.
Helpful Links For State Business Resources:
- The State Employment Development Department (EDD) has a dedicated webpage for worker and employer issues related to COVID-19. Info for workers includes: unemployment & disability insurance, paid family leave, reduced work hours, etc. Info for employers includes: tax assistance, potential closure or layoffs, and workplace health & safety.
- EDD Tax Assistance - Employers experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. Call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center 1-888-745-3886 (toll-free).
- OnwardCA is a new resource for the people of the state of California impacted by COVID-19. For more information, click here.
- The Small Business Finance Center (SBFC) partners with Financial Development Corporations to provide loan guarantees and direct loans for small businesses that experience capital access barriers. For more info about loan programs can be found here.
Helpful Links Regarding COVID-19:
- City of Pasadena Novel Coronavirus page
- City of Pasadena COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Information Page & Business Toolkit
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Novel Coronavirus page
- Center for Disease Control Guidelines for Workplace, Home & School
- Before travelling, please visit the Department of State Travel Advisory page
- Please call 211, the LA County hotline, for any health and human services needs.
- Follow the City of Pasadena on Social Media for frequent updates: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Sign-Up for Business Briefing Updates:
Please encourage your merchants, business owners, and associates to subscribe to receive these business updates related to the City of Pasadena's response to COVID-19. To subscribe, click here.
We appreciate our business community's patience, understanding, and support
as we navigate the challenges related to COVID-19.
We are a resilient community.
We are in this together.
Please stay healthy and safe.
If you would like to receive future email updates regarding COVID-19, please sign up on City of Pasadena website.