In an effort to keep you informed of developments related to COVID-19, the City of Pasadena offers the following information to the Pasadena business community. Our goal is to disseminate accurate public health information, offer recommendations to prepare for and slow the spread of the virus, and provide links to resources for additional information. Please disseminate this information with your businesses, community partners, etc.
Update on Pasadena, LA County's Plans for Re-Opening Business
Today, the County of Los Angeles announced plans for a phased re-opening of certain non-essential businesses for curbside pick-up. While Pasadena will manage its own schedule for re-opening, it will do in concert with its neighboring cities. As businesses gear up for an eventual announcement from Pasadena City Hall, make sure that your online presence is up-to-date so that customers can easily place an order for curbside pick-up. Once curbside pick-up goes into effect, businesses should have plans in place for employees to bring orders to customers curbside or designate a pick-up station within the store so that customers can pick-up their bags without any human interaction. Business owners should also make sure that social distancing measures are in place to protect employees and customers.
Great Plates Emergency Meal Program - Link for Restaurants To Express Interest
On April 24th, Governor Newsom launched the first-in-the-nation Great Plates Delivered program. The program has dual goals of supporting seniors who are at high-risk from COVID-19 while stimulating the economy by supporting local restaurants. To express interest in participating in the program, Pasadena restaurants should click here.
Top 3 Things Business Owners Can Do Now
With news and information churning out on the daily, here are 3 things that business owners can do now to keep the lights on. For more information, click here.
Strategic Assistance Resource for Innovation-Based Companies
If your innovation-based company is facing big challenges due to COVID-19, Innovate Pasadena is coordinating with the Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation to connect companies with strategic assistance. To take advantage of this free resource, complete a brief form for one-on-one help from the LAEDC Response Team. For more information, click here.
New Website for Restaurant Directory & Connect Pasadena Virtual Library
The Pasadena Convention & Visitor's Bureau recently relaunched their website, visitpasadena.com in conjunction with a virtual edition of National Travel & Tourism Week. While tourism has been impacted by COVID-19, the public can tour the city virtually with the Connect Pasadena Library of virtual content. Both the Pasadena Restaurant Directory & Virtual Content Library have a new look and new features for an enhanced user experience. To access both pages, click here.
Pasadena restaurants can update their takeout & delivery submissions by clicking here.
Pasadena businesses with free, engaging content can submit content for inclusion by clicking here.
Is Your Business E-Commerce Ready?
The Pasadena Small Business Development Center offers free workshops for businesses on a variety of topics. As businesses prepare to re-open it is important to make sure that your online presence is ready for e-commerce. Join the Pasadena Small Business Development Center tomorrow, May 7th at Noon for a free workshop to get your online store in order. For more information, click here.
Helpful Overview for Unemployment Assistance
The Employment Development Department has released a helpful overview of State & Federal disability and unemployment insurance programs. To view the slide deck for the presentation, click here.
For assistance with filing an unemployment insurance application, the Foothill Workforce Development Board is a local resource for workers impacted by COVID-19. For over-the-phone assistance (including assistance in other languages), click here.
Helpful Links For State Business Resources:
- The State Employment Development Department (EDD) has a dedicated webpage for worker and employer issues related to COVID-19. Info for workers includes: unemployment & disability insurance, paid family leave, reduced work hours, etc. Info for employers includes: tax assistance, potential closure or layoffs, and workplace health & safety.
- EDD Tax Assistance - Employers experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. Call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center 1-888-745-3886 (toll-free).
- OnwardCA is a new resource for the people of the state of California impacted by COVID-19. For more information, click here.
- The Small Business Finance Center (SBFC) partners with Financial Development Corporations to provide loan guarantees and direct loans for small businesses that experience capital access barriers. For more info about loan programs can be found here.
Helpful Links Regarding COVID-19:
- City of Pasadena Novel Coronavirus page
- City of Pasadena COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Information Page & Business Toolkit
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Novel Coronavirus page
- Center for Disease Control Guidelines for Workplace, Home & School
- Before travelling, please visit the Department of State Travel Advisory page
- Please call 211, the LA County hotline, for any health and human services needs.
- Follow the City of Pasadena on Social Media for frequent updates: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Sign-Up for Business Briefing Updates:
Please encourage your merchants, business owners, and associates to subscribe to receive these business updates related to the City of Pasadena's response to COVID-19. To subscribe, click here.
We appreciate our business community's patience, understanding, and support
as we navigate the challenges related to COVID-19.
We are a resilient community.
We are in this together.
Please stay healthy and safe.
If you would like to receive future email updates regarding COVID-19, please sign up on City of Pasadena website.