PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS PRESS RELEASE OUTLINES OUR LATEST INFORMATION ALTHOUGH IT’S A FLUID DOCUMENT AND WE WILL UPDATE IT AS APPROPRIATE . We will be sending a separate press release later today regarding parking updates.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 18, 2020
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Lisa Derderian, Pasadena Public Information Officer, City Manager’s Office, (626) 744-4755, email@example.com
City Hall Closures, Cancellations and Service Modifications
PASADENA, Calif.—The City of Pasadena continues to closely monitor coronavirus (COVID-19) developments. Based on the latest public health information and the urgent need to stop the spread of the virus, the City is closing several public facilities and making the following service modifications:
- The City’s Human Resources Department is closed for in-person meetings but is serving customers by phone and email, 626-744-4366 | HR@cityofpasadena.net. Job opportunities continue to be advertised online, and the department continues to accept applications.
- All City Recreation and Community Centers are closed to the public. The YMCA Food Program will continue at Jackie Robinson and Villa-Parke Community Centers. All City parks and their restrooms remain open.
- Central Library and all nine (9) branch libraries will be closing effective Tuesday, March 17.
- Due dates for borrowed materials will be automatically extended until June 1, no late fines will be assessed during this time and materials should be returned when libraries reopen.
- Librarians are available to provide assistance through telephone reference (626) 744-4066 or the web-based service Ask Us! at http://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/questions-help/.
- Digital services remain available 24/7 at http://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/, including e-books and audiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; classes and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines.
- Keep checking http://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/coronavirus/ for more information and updates from Pasadena Public Library.
- Public access to Pasadena Police Department’s lobby will be limited. Services associated with police records and police property and evidence will be provided by appointment only. For instructions on how to request incident reports, impound releases, records checks and clearance letters. Those requiring records services should call (626) 744-4565 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. To schedule release of property, call (626) 744-4510 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. There is a callbox located at the front door on Garfield Avenue where dispatch can be reached to place a call for service.
- The Parking Division is closed to the public.
- Individuals who wish to pay for parking citations either pay online or by call (626) 744-4122.
- Individuals who wish to contest a citation can submit their appeal online, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (626) 744-7665 to leave a voicemail. Messages will be retrieved multiple times per day, and calls will be returned within 48 business hours, depending on call volume.
- Individuals who wish to purchase a parking permit can click here. If assistance is needed, email email@example.com, or call (626) 744-7665 to leave a voicemail. Messages will be retrieved multiple times per day, and calls will be returned within 48 business hours, depending on call volume.
- Individuals needing assistance with a request for enforcement or an impound release can call (626) 744-6440 to leave a voicemail. Voicemails are monitored and calls will be returned within four business hours, depending on call volume.
- In an additional effort to support local businesses, parking spaces shall be temporarily converted to 20-minute parking to facilitate delivery and curbside pick-up of food from restaurants. 20-minute parking will be enforced. Individuals looking to park long-term should park in parking garages and walk to their destination.
- Starting at noon today, Pasadena Transit and Pasadena Dial-A-Ride will be free to customers. All Pasadena Transit monthly passes will be automatically extended and honored until further notice.
- Pasadena Transit’s front counter is closed, and all customer calls will be routed to the City’s Citizen Service Center (CSC), (626) 744-7311. Dial-A-Ride support will be provided via phone Monday-Thursday, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- The Hale Building (Permit Center) is closed to the public. Building and Safety, Planning, Fire and Public Works will still be accepting and processing permit applications. A phone number/email will be posted outside the building, along with a drop box to receive plans and applications. Payments will be processed over the phone, (626) 744-7524. For general Planning and Building questions, call (626) 744-4200. Additionally:
- No building inspections will take place in the interior of a building unless the room to be inspected is unoccupied, no exceptions.
- The City’s Multi-Family Inspection Program is suspended until further notice.
- All Planning-related public hearings and commission meetings are postponed through April 30.
- The Housing Department is closed to the public but staff is available to assist the public through other types of communication. Rental assistance program for property owners and program participants can email or call with questions. Documents can be submitted to the Housing Department by mail, email or fax, (626) 744-8330.
- The Municipal Services Center at City Hall is closed to the public. For assistance, limited staff are available at the following:
- Citizen Service Center, (626) 744-7311
- Water & Power, (626) 744-4005
- Collection Unit, (626) 744-4289
- Business License, (626) 744-4166
- Accounts Receivable, (626) 744-4291
Additional closures, cancellations and service modifications will be considered as the situation evolves. The City continues to urge the public to be vigilant, follow public health guidance, and avoid panic.
As a reminder, please continue to practice social distancing (at least six feet of distance between one another) when visiting facilities that remain open, including grocery stores, food banks and pharmacies.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 744-7311.