City of Pasadena Hires New Building Official

(Pasadena, CA.) - The City of Pasadena Department of Planning and Community Development (PCD) has announced the hiring of new Building Official, Ron Takiguchi, P.E., CBO. Mr. Takiguchi is a tenured building official with more than 30 years’ experience, most recently with the City of Burbank as Assistant Director/Building Official. He also served as the Chief Building Official with the City of Santa Monica and as Deputy Building Official with the County of Los Angeles.

Mr. Takiguchi will manage the Building & Safety Division of PCD and the plan check and building inspection functions. He asserts that Building & Safety should be a facilitator of projects while assisting homeowners, business operators, contractors and developers in the permitting process. He highly believes in the safe occupancy of buildings through proper application of codes and standards while considering innovation and creative design.

“As Building Official, Mr. Takiguchi will oversee the building plan check review process for all new development in the City as well as the building inspection process. Ron’s extensive experience in administering municipal building codes will be a welcome asset to the Planning and Community Development Department as we look to implement a 100% online process,” states David.Reyes, Director Planning and Community Development

Mr. Takiguchi is registered professional engineer and a Certified Building Official. He is the current Chairperson of the Plumbing-Electrical-Mechanical-Energy Code Advisory Committee and a member of the Green Building Advisory Committee to the California Building Standards Commission. Mr. Takiguchi is an adjunct faculty member at UCLA Extension in the Department of Engineering and Technology.

Mr. Takiguchi will join the City of Pasadena on October 25, 2021.

Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the City Service Center, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 744-7311.