FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 25, 2021
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Lisa Derderian, Pasadena Public Information Officer, City Manager’s Office, (626) 744-4755, email@example.com
PASADENA, Calif.—Pasadena Public Health Department (PPHD) and Day One are hosting a FREE trunk-or-treat celebration Friday, Oct. 29, from 6-8 p.m. in Centennial Square in front of Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Ave. The event will feature a vaccination clinic offering both the flu vaccine and the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals between the ages of 12-17 who receive a COVID-19 vaccine at this clinic will get a $20 gift card, while supplies last. Costumes and pre-registration encouraged.
This trunk-or-treat will also include a spook-tacular photo booth, fang-tastic pumpkin decorating, a DJ, two costume contests with prizes for winners, and a resource fair.
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will be available at no cost to eligible individuals from 6-7:30 p.m. Everyone age 12 and older is eligible to receive the vaccine. For more information and to register for upcoming clinics, visit the PPHD website or MyTurn.ca.gov. All those under the age of 18 attending the clinic must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and everyone age two and older is required to wear a mask. People should not attend if they are sick or have COVID-19.
Nothing is more terrifying than continuing to spread COVID-19. Help lower the risk this Halloween:
• Everyone who is eligible should get vaccinated against COVID-19. Getting vaccinated remains the best way to protect yourself and your family against COVID-19. For more information and to register for upcoming clinics, visit the PPHD website or MyTurn.ca.gov.
• Wear a face mask that fits well and covers the nose, mouth and chin. Masks must be worn indoors in accordance with the health officer order and should be worn outdoors in crowded situations when it’s not possible to maintain six feet of physical distancing. A costume mask is not a substitute for a protective mask.
• If you are sick, or you have been in contact with someone who is sick with COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and away from others.
• Activities should take place outdoors.
• Avoid confined spaces; stay away from indoor spaces that do not allow for easy distancing of at least six feet between you and others.
• Stay at least six feet away from anyone who doesn’t live with you, especially while talking, eating, drinking and singing.
• Wash or sanitize your hands often.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center Monday through Friday during business hours at (626) 744-7311.