PASADENA TRANSIT TO INCREASE SERVICE CHANGES TO ENHANCE SOCIAL DISTANCING
Pasadena Transit will implement additional service changes to facilitate social distancing on buses beginning August 8, 2020. With growing ridership on select routes, these service changes are important to maintaining the health and safety of our community. Service changes will include increased service on the highest demand lines, Routes 20 and 31/32; reduced frequency on Routes 40 and 51/52; and the temporary suspension of Route 60. Frequencies after August 9 will be:
- Route 20 weekdays: 12-15 minute service most of the day
- Route 31/32 weekdays: 18-25 minute service most of the day
- Route 40 weekdays: 33 minute service all day
- Route 51/52 weekdays: 60 minute service all day
- Route 60: Temporarily discontinued
- Current Saturday and Sunday schedules will remain
When Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) returns to in-class instruction, service adjustments may be made to help meet demand, as needed.
In response to COVID-19, Pasadena Transit and Pasadena Dial-A-Ride have implemented a number of other operational procedures and policies in order to provide the safest environment possible for customers and bus operators, including:
- Disinfecting high touch surfaces on buses frequently throughout the day;
- Enhanced nightly disinfecting of every bus surface from floor to ceiling;
- Blocked off select seating on buses to encourage social distancing;
- Allowing only rear door boarding while fares are suspended;
- Requiring facial coverings; and
- Limiting the number of passengers per bus.
Pasadena Transit operates several local bus routes within the City of Pasadena, as well as portions of the unincorporated community of Altadena, serving nearly 400 bus stops and six Metro L Line (Gold) stations. Route, fare, and schedule information is available at www.pasadenatransit.net or by calling (626) 744-7311.