FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 10, 2021
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Lisa Derderian, Pasadena Public Information Officer, City Manager’s Office
(626) 744-4755, firstname.lastname@example.org
PASADENA TO ALIGN WITH STATE JUNE 15 MASKING GUIDELINES
The Pasadena Public Health Department (PPHD) will align with the State's masking guidance that reflects the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations and provides information about higher risk settings where masks are required. Starting Tuesday, June 15, 2021, masks will not be required for fully-vaccinated individuals, except in the following settings where masks are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status:
• On public transit (examples: airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis, and ride-shares) and in transportation hubs (examples: airport, bus terminal, marina, train station, seaport or other port, subway station, or any other area that provides transportation).
• Indoors in TK-12 schools, childcare and other youth settings.
o Note: This may change as updated TK-12 schools guidance is forthcoming, pending updates for TK-12 operational guidance from the CDC.
• Healthcare settings (including long term care facilities).
• State and local correctional facilities and detention centers.
• Homeless shelters, emergency shelters and cooling centers.
Masks will be required for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses (examples: retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public).
Additionally, employers and workplaces must continue to comply with Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards.
“COVID-19 continues to easily spread among those who are unvaccinated,” said Dr. Ying-Ying Goh, Public Health Director and Health Officer. “As we prepare for the State’s full reopening on June 15 and the retiring of most distancing and capacity restrictions, we urge everyone to get vaccinated. We have three very safe and effective vaccines, which are our most powerful tools to protect our community. The continued public health safety measure of appropriate masking is critically important to protect those who are unvaccinated and not yet eligible to receive the vaccine.”
For COVID-19 vaccine clinic locations, visit https://www.cityofpasadena.net/covid19vaccine/.