FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 25, 2021
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Lisa Derderian, Pasadena Public Information Officer, City Manager’s Office, (626) 744-4755, firstname.lastname@example.org
State Lifts Regional Stay Home Order, Pasadena Returns to Purple Tier 1
PASADENA, Calif.—On Monday, Jan. 25, the governor lifted California’s Regional Stay Home Order that set strict requirements and limitations on businesses. Pasadena has now returned to the state’s tiered system for reopening, essentially where the city was in December, prior to the state order. Specifically, Pasadena is back to Purple Tier 1.
Effective Jan. 25, Pasadena businesses and other organizations must again follow Purple Tier 1 restrictions and guidelines. While the most restrictive tier, the return to the status quo includes the following:
- Restaurants may open for takeout, delivery, and outdoor dining services
- Wineries may only operate outdoors
- Bars and breweries must remain closed
- Retail may operate at 25% capacity
- Hair salons may operate indoors with modifications
- Nail salons may operate indoors with modifications
- Personal care services may operate indoors with modifications
- Museums and galleries may open for outdoor operations only
- Places of worship may only conduct in-person services outdoors
- Movie theatres may only operate outdoors
- Hotels may operate with modifications
- Fitness facilities may operate outdoors only
- Cardrooms may operate outdoors only
- Non-essential offices may open for remote work only
- Professional sports may resume with no live audiences
“We’re all glad to see case rates and hospitalizations are on the decline. But, even though the state has lifted the regional stay-at-home order, we cannot afford to let our guard down. We must all continue following safety precautions to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community. These include wearing a mask whenever we leave home, avoiding crowds, keeping at least 6 feet away from people we don’t live with, and washing our hands often,” says Pasadena’s health officer, Dr. Ying-Ying Goh.
An updated Health Officer Order will be issued to reflect the return to Purple Tier 1.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 744-7311.