In 2021, expanding on their commitment to supporting education, the Pasadena Tournament of Roses launched Rose Scholars presented by Citizens Business Bank. This year, the program will award eight $2,500 college scholarships to graduating seniors from the Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD).
To apply to become a Rose Scholar, an applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Attend a PUSD High School (Blair High School, John Muir High School, John Marshall Fundamental High School, Pasadena High School, Rose City High School, CIS Academy)
- Be a graduating senior as of May or June 2022 (must provide school ID number)
- There is no minimum GPA requirement. Instead, please obtain a video recommendation from one teacher, coach, counselor or community organization leader.
- Provide a copy of the acceptance letter from the school (trade school, college, or university) you will be attending (for verification purposes)
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses invites applicants to submit the following:
- A creative piece that reflects your future goals and plans. (Creative Piece example: Painting, sculpture, poem, song, interpretive dance, or direct a mini documentary.)
- A one-page reflection describing your thoughts and feelings about the creative piece.
- Capture still images and record a video describing represent your work. Still images should be clear and high-resolution images. Videos should be 1-2 minutes long, filmed horizontally and in .mp4 format.
One-page reflection information – Content & Format:
- Sentence structure
- Paragraph arrangement and content
- One-page & double spaced
- Page Setup of 1" margins
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt.
- Line spacing 1.5
- Submit as a PDF
Scholarship Submission Instructions
Scholarship Award Information
- Scholarship recipients will be required to provide a copy of the acceptance letter from the school (trade school, college, or university) they will be attending (for verification purposes).
Scholarship Notification Timeline
- Application Opens: February 7, 2022
- Application Deadline: March 7, 2022 at 11:59pm (late applications will not accepted)
- Applications will be reviewed: March 11 - March 17, 2022
- Notifications to applicants via email: March 21, 2022
- Winners Announced: Week of March 28, 2022
- Rose Scholars Reception: April 6, 2022 (Tentative Date)