This item is an opportunity to gather information from African American residents who may have lived or owned a business at the location of the Parsons building prior to its construction.
The Pasadena – based environmental graphic design from Hunt Design will share a 15- minute presentation about research and content planning for the project. Community members with family connections to the neighborhood near the Parsons Block (between Union and Walnut, Fair Oaks and Pasadena are invited to share memories, photos and stories and provide input.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2020
JACKIE ROBINSON COMMUNITY CENTER
1020 NORTH FAIR OAKS AVENUE
PASADENA, CA 91103
- CALL TO ORDER; WELCOME; ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
Please limit comments to 3 minutes per speaker.
- REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES, JANUARY 14, 2020 AND JANUARY 26, 2020*
- UPDATE FROM LT. MARCIA TAGLIORETTI (PASADENA POLICE DEPARTMENT)
- NEW BUSINESS
INFORMATION ITEMS (60 Minutes)
- HERITAGE SQUARE SOUTH UPDATE – BILL HUANG (DIRECTOR, HOUSING DEPARTMENT)
- DISCUSSION OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECTS – BILL HUANG (DIRECTOR, HOUSING DEPARTMENT)
- DISCUSSION REGARDING THE CULTURAL SIGNAGE PROJECT FOR 10 W. WALNUT (PARSONS PROJECT) – JENNIFER BRESSLER and HEATHER LINDQUIST (CONSULTANTS)
- REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF DRAFT STRATEGIC PLAN JANUARY-JUNE 2020
- OLD BUSINESS
- COMMENTS AND UPDATES
- STAFF COMMENTS
- COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM COMMISSIONERS
- SUGGESTED AGENDA ITEMS FOR FUTURE COMMISSION MEETINGS
- PRESENTATION OF THE RECOMMENDED CIP BUDGET (MARCH 10, 2020)
- HOUSING STAFF PRESENTATION ON THE PUBLIC HOUSING AUTHORITY PLAN
- TOUR OF COMMUNITY GARDENS
- TOUR OF CHAP CARE HEALTH CLINIC LOCATIONS
Carla Boykin, Chair
Note to Public: An opportunity for Public Comment will be provided at the time the above items are discussed.
I HEREBY CERTIFY that this Notice, in its entirety, was posted on the Council Chamber Bulletin Board, Room 247, and the Bulletin Board in the rotunda area of City Hall, and a copy was distributed to the Central Library as well as the Jackie Robinson Community Center for posting on this 5th day of February 2020, by 6:30 p.m., and that copies were emailed or delivered, and/or notice accepted by telephone not less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, to each member of the Northwest Commission and emailed to each local newspaper of general circulation, radio or television station requesting notice in writing, all of which media recipients are identified on the distribution list below.
Lola Osborne, Deputy Director
Human Services and Recreation Department
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Human Services and Recreation Department at (626) 744-7295. Notification 24 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to assure accessibility to this meeting. Language translation services are available for this meeting by calling (626) 744-7295 at least 24 hours in advance. Habra servicio de interpretación disponible para éstas juntas llamando al (626) 744-7295 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipación.
Items on the agenda may not be called in the order listed.
|Northwest Commission||City Clerk||La Opinion||Pasadena NOW|
|City Council||Central Library||Los Angeles Times||Pasadena Star News|
|City Manager||Public Information Officer||Pasadena Journal||Pasadena Weekly|