Out of an abundance of caution and to help limit the spread of the coronavirus, Central Library and all nine (9) branch libraries will be closing effective Tuesday, March 17 and until further notice. We want to share the steps the library is taking to provide essential library services during the closure:
- During this time, due dates for borrowed materials will be automatically extended until June 1, no late fines will be assessed, and patrons can return materials when libraries reopen. While libraries are closed, we ask that you please NOT return your materials to our branches.
- Librarians are available to provide assistance through telephone reference (626) 744-4066; or the web-based service, Ask Us! (at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/questions-help/)
- Our numerous digital services remain available 24/7 at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/, including e-books and audiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; classes and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks and digital/streaming media can be found at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/ebooks-and-audiobooks/
- Research databases, educational resources, subject guides and more are available at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/research/
- We created and will continue to update this resource page at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/coronavirus/ with information about the COVID-19 virus and how to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- We know that access to books and media is an essential service to our library users. With that in mind, the library is developing a limited library materials pick-up service that will be implemented the week of March 23, 2020. We will share details about the service on our webpage soon.
You can stay updated on the library by visiting our website at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/ and following our social media accounts @pasadenalibrary.
Once again, your health and safety is of utmost importance, and we will evaluate and adjust as new information becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your continued understanding and support.