We accept obituary requests for anyone whose obituary may have appeared in our local daily paper, the Pasadena Star News. We do request a death date and will search the microfilm within 10 days of the death date. Please allow at least three weeks for a request to be filled.
Obtaining a Death Date
- Social Security Death Index
- California Death Index – This database covers anyone that died in California between 1940 and 1997
- Los Angeles Public Library also has from 1930-1939 on microfiche
- RootsWeb.com – Searches the California Death Index from 1940-1997
- If you are unable to find the death date via one of the above websites and the person died in Pasadena, you may wish to request a death certificate from:
City of Pasadena
Vital Statistics Office
First Floor, Room 1136
1845 N. Fair Oaks Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103
- If the person died outside of Pasadena, but in the State of California, you may wish to request a death certificate from the county recorder in the county of death or contact:
Office of Vital Records and Statistics
304 S Street
P.O. Box 730241
Sacramento, CA 94244-0241
Submit Obituary Request
Online: Ask Us!
Telephone: (626) 744-4066 and press 7 (within normal business hours)
Mail: 285 E. Walnut St., Pasadena, CA 91101