- Whereas on April 3, 1919, the citizens of the City of Pasadena had the foresight and vision to approve the formation of a Fire & Police Pension Board to charge and administer the City’s pension fund for its Fire and Police employees; and
- Whereas sixteen years after the Board’s formation, the citizens of Pasadena once again approved formalization of retirement benefits for the City’s Fire and Police members by establishing the Pasadena Fire and Police Retirement System (FPRS); and
- Whereas the City of Pasadena owes a debt of gratitude to the many Police and Fire employees who have made lasting contributions to the City over this past century; and
- Whereas on the occasion of FPRS’ 100th anniversary, today we celebrate this milestone and extend best wishes for continued success;
- Now, Therefore I, Terry Tornek, Mayor of the City of Pasadena, on behalf of the City Council, do hereby commend the Pasadena Fire & Police Retirement System.