- Whereas Hill Avenue Grace Lutheran Church of Pasadena was organized by dedicated and faithful members who responded to the call to actively serve all persons; and
- Whereas today Hill Avenue Grace is celebrating its 100th anniversary of spiritual and community leadership; and
- Whereas promoting the welfare of all persons, regardless of race or economic position within the City and its environs, Hill Avenue Grace members actively help those in crisis situations in the community and throughout the nation and readily respond to a world in need; and
- Whereas the centennial anniversary of this congregation of worship is a testament to its lasting commitment and its anticipation of the years to come;
- Now, Therefore I, Terry Tornek, Mayor of the City of Pasadena, on behalf of the City Council, do hereby commend
Hill Avenue Grace Lutheran Church
upon its 100th anniversary, and extend best wishes for continued success.