- Whereas since 1994, Pasadena Transit—formerly the Pasadena Area Rapid Transit System (ARTS)—has effectively provided community fixed-route transit services within Pasadena; and
- Whereas providing our residents, workforce, students, and visitors with a network of reliable, safe and friendly local transit services, Pasadena Transit connects people throughout the City to key destinations while delivering affordable and equitable access; and
- Whereas as the City’s premiere local transportation provider that supports both local and regional transit connections, Pasadena Transit is one of the City’s most impactful mobility investments, successfully moving over 1.5 million people each year through the City without the need for cars; and
- Whereas during the last 25 years, the system has grown from a single bus route serving the downtown Pasadena area into one of the largest, most productive and highly acclaimed local transit systems in Southern California with six routes covering all areas of the City;
- Now, Therefore I, Terry Tornek, Mayor of the City of Pasadena, on behalf of the City Council, do hereby commend Pasadena Transit on the occasion of its 25th anniversary and extend best wishes for continued success.