- Whereas established in 1872, Arbor Day encourages the planting of trees in urban and wildland areas to protect, renew and manage our trees and forests, and to encourage a healthy ecosystem; and
- Whereas for the 29th consecutive year, the National Arbor Day Foundation has recognized Pasadena as a Tree City USA and has awarded to Pasadena for the 19th year a Growth Award for excellence in promoting urban forestry programs; and
- Whereas Pasadena is committed to trees as a defining feature of this great City, and on March 23 the City will plant approximately 25 trees in Brookside Park; and
- Whereas the event will also highlight and promote other environmental programs offered by the City by way of a tree planting demonstration, mulch giveaway, tree care, and providing environmental information;
- Now, Therefore I, Terry Tornek, Mayor of Pasadena, on behalf of the City Council, do hereby proclaim March 23, 2019 in the City of Pasadena as Arbor Day.