The Armory: Paid Internships
Armory Center for the Arts is currently seeking two paid summer interns, made possible with support from the Getty Foundation as part of its 2021 Marrow Undergraduate Internship program. These internships are intended for outstanding students who are members of groups underrepresented in museums and visual arts organizations, including but not limited to individuals of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, and Pacific Islander descent. Intern candidates are not required to have demonstrated a previous commitment to the visual arts. Family members of Armory staff or board members are ineligible, as are past Armory Getty interns.
Additionally, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate. Students must have completed at least one semester of college by June 2021.
- Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
What do you receive as an Armory Getty MUI intern?
- Real-world work experience
- Full-time summer employment ($15/hour)
- Free Armory art classes
- Mentorship by art professionals at a mid-sized nonprofit
- Opportunity to apply classroom knowledge in the real world
- Professional references upon successful completion of your internship
- Class credit (if applicable)
- Networking opportunities
- Training & professional development opportunities
Click here to view open opportunities: https://www.armoryarts.org/about-us/employment/