Options for Learning is a leader in preparing children and supporting families for life success through innovative, quality child development programs.
High-quality child development programs by providing a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, creative, linguistic, and cognitive development of each child through developmentally and culturally appropriate practices while responding to the needs of the child and his or her family.
The Child Development Department of the Pasadena Unified School District serves children ages 3 through 11 in 20 different school locations across the District. Our program offers Full Day Preschool, Part Day Preschool and Before and After School Care for families who may qualify for State Subsidized funding. Families who are not income eligible may also be able to obtain services. Please call the office for additional information. Children must be 3 years by by September 1st of the enrolling school year to enroll in all preschool programs.
Storytime has benefits for children and their caregivers!
- It’s a wonderful way to bond with your child
- It exposes children to new words, concepts and ideas.
- It teaches children to pay attention in a group setting.
- It is a wonderful place to make new friends – for children and caregivers.
- Caregivers can learn new songs, rhymes and ways of telling stories
- It’s fun!
Please make sure to check the online events calendar to verify the time and date of a specific storytime before coming to the library.
20 minutes of stories, songs and fun for the littlest of listeners.
- Pre-registration is required for this storytime • Tuesdays • 9:20 a.m. • Central
- Thursdays • 10:30 a.m. • Lamanda Park
30 minutes of stories, songs, and sometimes a video for toddlers.
- Pre-registration is required for these storytimes • Tuesdays • 10 & 11 a.m. • Central
- Thursdays • 10:30 a.m. • Lamanda Park
30 minutes of stories for entertainment and education for ages 3-5. All branches have a preschool storytime!
- Tuesdays • 10:30 a.m. • Hill Avenue
- Tuesdays • 10:30 a.m. • Lamanda Park
- Tuesdays • 10:30 a.m. • Villa Parke
- Wednesdays • 10:30 a.m. • Allendale
- Wednesdays • 10:30 a.m. • Santa Catalina
- Wednesdays • 10:45 a.m. • Hastings
- Wednesdays • 11 a.m. • San Rafael
- Thursdays • 10:30 a.m. • La Pintoresca
- Thursdays • 10:30 a.m. • Linda Vista
- Saturdays • 10 a.m. • Central Library
Stories and more for the whole family to enjoy. Especially good for families with children up to second grade.
- Mondays • 7 p.m. • Hastings
- Thursdays • 3:30 p.m. • Lamanda Park
Léeme Un Cuento
Spanish Storytime for families.
- Wednesdays • 4 p.m. • La Pintoresca
A once-a-month storytime in Armenian.
- Check calendar for date and time • Santa Catalina
Around the World Storytime
Once-a-month preschool storytime with a global feel.
- Check calendar for date and time • San Rafael
African-American focused storytime for children ages 0 to 8.
- Check calendar for date and time • La Pintoresca
Bilingual or Mandarin only storytimes held once-a-month with songs and stories.
- Check calendar for date and time • Hastings
A storytime series developed especially for children with autism or other sensory processing challenges.
- Registration is required for this series.
- Check calendar for date and time • Lamanda Park
Pasadena’s After School Adventures Program provides affordable, flexible and convenient after school child care for only $30 per week.
Find recreational activities for the little ones. https://apm.activecommunities.com/cityofpasadena/Activity_Search?ActivityOtherCategoryID=1&isSearch=true&applyFiltersDefaultValue=true
The MOMS Club® of Pasadena, California is a local chapter of the International MOMS Club. We welcome moms in Pasadena & Sierra Madre and are open to all kinds, stay-at-home or part-time working! http://www.momsclubpasadena.com/
The mission of Kidspace Children’s Museum is to nurture the potential of all children through kid-driven experiences, inspiring them to become joyful, active learners.
An incredible seed bed of learning and discovery, the purpose of a children’s museum is to inspire children to learn and grow, equip parents and teachers, and to be a safe place where learners of all abilities can do so at their own pace and focus on topics of interest to them. This is often referred to as “Free Range Learning.” What makes us different from a school is our approach to informal education. We believe in giving our guests hands-on experiences that are relevant and inspiring
Macaroni Kid Pasadena is a free, weekly e-newsletter and website highlighting enriching and entertaining family-friendly events, giveaways, and shows in Pasadena and surrounding communities.