Free Wi-Fi Available
Address177 S Arroyo Blvd,
Pasadena, CA 91105
Map & Directions
Park HoursMo - Su 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Submit a Reservation Request
La Casita Del Arroyo is conveniently located at 177 South Arroyo Blvd., Pasadena, CA. La Casita Del Arroyo is a charming facility with a garden. This facility features a completely modernized community meeting room with hardwood flooring, acoustical wall covering, lighting, marvelously restored velodrome wood, updated HVAC unit, new roofing, restrooms and commercial kitchen. This beautiful venue and stunning natural surroundings are perfect for your wedding, celebrations, corporate functions or board retreats. La Casita is available for rental use between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. from Monday to Sunday. The minimum rental period is 4 hours. This facility can accommodate a maximum of 80 people, and there are 35 parking spaces available. Reservations must be submitted at least 30 days prior to your event. Liability insurance is required.
The facility open house is held on the first Thursday of each month from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
To check availability and submit a reservation request, please call (626) 744-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Formally dedicated on April 28th, 1933, La Casita was built as a public works project to provide employment during the Depression and to establish a community meeting house.
La Casita was designed by renowned architect Myron Hunt. The Pasadena Garden Club supplied the funds, and the City of Pasadena supplied the materials and manpower. The building’s walls include boulders from the Arroyo. The original roof shakes were cut from fallen trees in the upper canyon. Virtually all the lumber came from the bicycle track built inside the Rose Bowl for the 1932 Olympics. La Casita was declared a Pasadena Cultural Heritage Landmark in 1976. The Lower Arroyo Seco, including La Casita, has been nominated to the National Register of Historic Places.
After a fire in 1965, the City of Pasadena, with the help of a volunteer advisory committee, undertook repair and restoration of La Casita. Because of its long affiliation with La Casita, the Pasadena Garden Club assumed responsibility for design and installation of the present demonstration garden.
The Pasadena Garden Club maintained the garden until 1994. Since 1994, La Casita Foundation has maintained the garden with substantial funds, labor and love given by the Pasadena Garden Club, its members and community donors.
Park Reservation Details
Thank you for your interest in reserving a Pasadena Park/Facility for your event. It’s recommended that you apply at least thirty (30) days before your event date. Please follow steps 1 through 3 to submit your reservation request.
1. View all information on the City Facility you would like to reserve including:
- Reservation fees
- Items allowed/Items not allowed
- Permits required
- Insurance required
- Additional requirements and deadlines
2. Log in to your account
To submit a Reservation Request, you must have a Customer Login Name and Password. Visit www.cityofpasadena.net/reserve to request an account.
3. Submit your reservation request with all requirements
You will receive an automatic confirmation after you complete your request. To receive your facility permit timely please provide the park reservations staff with all requirements by the deadline provided.
|Reservable Area||Individual / Private|
|La Casita del Arroyo|
|$112.00 per hour (4-hour min.)|
|$227.00 per hour (4-hour min.)|
$270.00 Refundable Deposit required for all reservations.
$35-$37/hr Facility Attendant is required for the duration of each reservation.
$9.00 Sound Permit
$83.00 Alcohol Permit
|Reservable Area||Items Allowed||Items Not Allowed|
|La Casita Del Arroyo|
(Items listed require a Permit or Insurance)
La Casita Del Arroyo Rental Information and Floor Plan:
- All balances must be paid 30 calendar days prior to the event date
- Online payments are accepted
- Telephone Payments are accepted with credit card and I.D. information
- Walk-in payments are accepted with checks (payable to the City of Pasadena) cash (exact amount)
- If you are having sound at your event you will need to complete the Amplified Sound Form
- Provide a picture of the equipment to be used
- You will be required to have a sound monitor presented to monitor the sound decibel
Event insurance is required for:
- Insurance is required for La Casita Del Arroyo
- Serving alcohol
- Petting zoos, pony rides or live animals (other than domestic pets)
- An event that is catered or using other vendors
- Indoor Facility Insurance Requirements
- Insurance Check-off List
To purchase insurance, please visit https://securetulipinsurance.com/Pasadena.
Polystyrene Food Packaging:
- Affective August 22, 2016 the City ban the use of polystyrene food packing within Pasadena: Polystyrene Food Packaging Ordinance (PMC 8.67).
- City sponsored and permitted events must stop using polystyrene food packaging/ foam type (code PS or #6).
- Alternative options available include; aluminum, coated and uncoated paper products, plastics 1 – 5.
- The Event Security Deposit is refundable if there’s no damage to the facility.
- Deposit refunds will be processed within 4 business days after the event date.
- A check is mailed to you through U.S. Mail 3-4 weeks after your event.
- Cancellation request must be received in writing no less than 10 business days before the event date to receive a refund minus the deposit amount.
- Customer will forfeit all fees paid if less than 10 business days.
- Cancellation refunds will generally be processed within 4 business days after written cancellation is received.