The ROSE Program (Realizing Opportunities through Summer Employment) is an internship program for Pasadena youth and young adults age 14-24 in low to moderate-income households. ROSE workers will receive a $1,500 stipend for training and a six-week assignment. All ROSE interns will be required to attend mandatory training prior to beginning work and will be assigned to intern for six weeks. All selected applicants will be notified of their training dates by email. Work assignments include, but are not limited to, day camps, maintenance, clerical, technology, engineering, and planning. The City of Pasadena’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department sponsors the ROSE Program to serve Pasadena youth and young adults by promoting early development of employment skills. The online application opens on Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
Please note: Altadena residents are not eligible. -- Applicants enrolled in the Pasadena Unified School District residing outside of the City of Pasadena do not qualify for this program. For more information regarding LA County Youth jobs, please click here.
The ROSE online application consists of the following:
- Applicant Information
- Income Eligibility
- Participant Rules and Responsibilities
- Voluntary Statistical Information
In support of the Green City program, the ROSE application is now online. Online applications must include applicant and guardian signatures if under 18. Please note, the online application cannot be saved for future access. Be prepared to complete the application in full.
When submitting the completed ROSE online application you must upload copies of the following supplemental documents (3 MB or lower):
- Proof of age: California ID/Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, or U.S. Passport
- Proof of Pasadena Residency: Most recent utility bill with parent/guardian’s name and matching address
- Proof of Household Income: Any one of the following items: 1040A Tax Returns, (W-2’s will NOT be accepted), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), CalWORKs-Food Stamps (Notice of Action), Section 8 (Rent Subsidy), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Kinship Guardian Assistance Payments (Kin-GAP), paycheck stubs, School Free or reduced lunch meal letter. Address must match the address on the application.
- Proof of Grades: A copy of Fall semester grades for those in middle and high schools. A 2.0 G.P.A. or higher is required to participate in the ROSE program. *An exception to this requirement will be made for applicants in middle and high school who receive special education services and do not receive a report card with letter grades. If you believe you qualify for this exception, please contact Pamela Cantero-More prior to submitting your application: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626)744-6530.
- Proof of Vaccination: A copy of vaccination card.
Complete applications along with accompanied supplemental documents must be uploaded to the web-portal by the extended deadline of Thursday, March 24, 2022 4:00 p.m. If you have trouble with the web portal, please contact the Jackie Robinson Community Center before March 8, 2022 4:00 p.m and staff will happily assist you. PARENTS MAY NOT SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FOR THE APPLICANT.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Qualifying applicants may be required to participate in a virtual oral interview on the date and time sent to you via email.
The e-mail address provided on the application will be the primary source of communication. Applicants are expected to check e-mail regularly. Failing to respond to an e-mail may result in disqualification from hiring consideration.
To request a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, including materials in alternative formats, please contact Pamela Cantero-More: email@example.com or call (626) 744-7300.
For more information, please call (626) 744-7300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This form is currently closed for submissions.