SHOWCASE YOUR SKILLS AS AN INSTRUCTOR
The City of Pasadena’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department seeks contract instructors for classes that enhance recreational, fitness, enrichment and social offerings to the community.
To submit a proposal, please create a planet bids account at http://bit.ly/PlanetBids. After, select one of the instructor activity categories below and place your bid.
- Arts & Crafts: Ceramics, Sewing, Photography, Painting – Click here to submit
- Dance: Ballet, Tap, Hip Hop, Dance Fitness, Line Dancing – Click here to submit
- Educational/Science: Robotics, STEAM, Science, Coding, ESL – Click here to submit
- Fitness & Wellness: Tai-Chi, Aerobics, Yoga, Martial Arts, Water Zumba, Self Defense – Click here to submit
- Music & Theater Arts: Guitar, Theater & Drama, Fundamentals Music – Click here to submit
- Special Interest: Gardening, Nutrition, Cooking, Nature – Click here to submit
Scope of Work
We are recruiting for year-round programming: fall, mini-winter, winter, spring, and summer sessions, scheduled to begin August 30, 2021. Independent instructors recommend dates, and times of classes – teaching on a weekly basis or as a 1 or 2-day workshop. Instructors will have access to host classes at our fantastic recreation facilities at locations throughout Pasadena. The Department will help with marketing and promoting classes and workshops through our seasonal brochures, website, e-newsletter, and social media accounts
A pre-proposal meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 10am via Zoom - http://bit.ly/PRCSZoom
- Contract instructors must be 18 years or older
- Must provide copies of any certification and/or license. The required certifications and/or license depend on the type of program taught and are determined by the Department
- Current AED/CPR/First Aid certifications are also strongly encouraged.
- Must complete and pass a background check (LiveScan) administered by a non-city entity. Any related fees are paid directly by the Contract Instructor.
- Must provide/purchase liability insurance before hiring
- Please discuss the requirements with City staff prior to starting this process.
- While on City premises, the contractor/provider shall comply with the rules, regulations, and procedures governing the conduct of personnel and the operation of the facility.
- Successful proposers are required to attend the first class meeting of all classes advertised in the City recreation guide regardless of the actual number of participants enrolled.
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL TODAY to share your skills and talents with the community. The deadline to submit is June 24, 2021.
For More Information
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (626) 744-6530.