Pasadena Transit is working closely with the City of Pasadena Health Department to monitor the COVID-19 situation, also known as Coronavirus.
In line with the Safer at Home order, we urge you to use transit only for your essential trips, and to stay home otherwise.
All Pasadena Transit vehicles are cleaned thoroughly at least once daily. This means that every surface from floor to ceiling is disinfected. In addition, operators are cleaning high touch surfaces throughout the day. Pasadena Transit is reviewing cleaning protocols as the current situation evolves.
To continue protecting passengers and drivers, a service change is going into effect on Sunday, April 19th. These changes include increasing the number of buses on Route 20, the system’s heaviest route. The schedule changes include the following:
- Route 20 weekdays: 15 minute service
- Route 20 Saturdays & Sundays: 20-30 minute service
- Route 10: 30 minute service
These changes will help passengers maintain social distancing while on the bus. Other actions that have been taken to facilitate social distancing include:
- Limiting the number of passengers on the vehicle to help provide social distancing space
- Taping off select seats on our buses to encourage social distancing
Starting April 16, passengers and drivers will be required to wear a clean cloth face covering to board the bus.
We remind passengers that we need your help in keeping our system clean and safe:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the inside of your elbow
- Stay home if you are sick
- Get your flu shot to protect against influenza
For more information:
City of Pasadena Information on COVID-19: https://www.cityofpasadena.net/public-health/news-announcements/information-on-covid-19/
LA County Department of Public Health Coronavirus page: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
CDC Handwashing information: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/