On August 9, 2020, Pasadena Transit will implement another service change to facilitate social distancing on buses. These service changes include increased service on the highest demand lines, Routes 20 and 31/32; reduced frequency on Routes 40 and 51/52; and the temporary suspension of Route 60. Frequencies beginning August 9 will be:
- Route 20 weekdays: 12-15 minute service most of the day
- Route 31/32 weekdays: 18-25 minute service most of the day
- Route 40 weekdays: 33 minute service all day
- Route 51/52 weekdays: 60 minute service all day
- Route 60: Temporarily discontinued
- Current Saturday and Sunday schedules will remain
In response to COVID-19, Pasadena Transit and Pasadena Dial-A-Ride have implemented a number of other operational procedures and policies in order to provide the safest environment possible for customers and bus operators, including:
- Disinfecting high touch surfaces on buses frequently throughout the day;
- Enhanced nightly disinfecting of every bus surface from floor to ceiling;
- Blocked off select seating on buses to encourage social distancing;
- Allowing only rear door boarding while fares are suspended;
- Requiring facial coverings; and
- Limiting the number of passengers per bus.
These changes are being made due to COVID-19 and are subject to change.
For additional information, 626-398-8973.