Expedited permits and plan check processes are now available through an online application portal. Through the portal, qualified restaurant and retail businesses can apply for express plan checks for structural and non-structural tenant improvements, administrative conditional use permits for alcohol sales, expedited design reviews for qualified retail and restaurants, and temporary outdoor dining permits.
The Permit Center is NOW OPEN
***The Permit Center will be CLOSED on December 23rd, 24th, 30th and 31st. ***
The Permit Center is currently open Monday through Friday:
Hours of Operation:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Alternate Fridays: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The following services are available: permit issuance for all subtrade permits, all minor permits (re-roofs, window change outs, bathroom/kitchen remodels per city standards, solar’ s under 10kv, demo, soft demo), rechecks, revisions, new submittals, fire permit applications/submittals, and all payment processing. We will no longer be accepting applications via email.
Please note the following:
- The drop off bins for Building & Safety are no longer available. All services will be done during our open hours.
- All Planning entitlement application submittals continue to be accepted pursuant to the procedures outlined in the following link: http://www.cityofpasadena.net/planning/planning-division/#temporary-planning-application-submittal-procedures
If visiting the Permit Center, please note the following:
- Masks are required at all times.
- Customers must abide by the 6’ social distancing requirement at all times.
- Please be patient and arrive with extra time. Limited number of people will be allowed in at any given time.
- Use of public bathrooms and public computers not available.
- All new submittals, revisions and rechecks require 3 hard copy sets, 1 flash drive and a completed building permit application. Your plans will not be taken in without these items.
Staff are available at the following:
|Building & Safety||(626) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Zoning||Available via email@example.com|
|Design & Historic Preservation||Available via firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Code Compliance||(626) 744-8633|
|Pre-Sale Self-Certification Program||(626) 744-8633|
|Fire Department||(626) 744-6885|
|Cultural Affairs & Film Office||(626) 744-3964|
|Public Works||Available via email@example.com|
For questions on permits or inspections, call (626) 744-4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments for permits may be made online at the following link: https://mypermits.cityofpasadena.net/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/payinvoice
Please leave a message if you do not reach a live person. Note that return calls may come from ‘private’ or non-city phone numbers.
Permit Center Online
Research Property • Search For A Permit • Check Case Status • Schedule An Inspection
The Planning & Community Development Department champions economic vitality and safe livable neighborhoods, which reflect, preserve, and enhance Pasadena’s unique cultural and historic character; the department also promotes informed decision-making which facilitates sustainable development, affordable housing and reinvestment in the community.
The Permit Center is a One-Stop-Shop where staff from multiple departments provide all development review and permitting services for customers.
The Building & Safety Division is committed to serving as partners for solutions in the development of safe, healthy and economically viable neighborhoods.
The Planning Division staff provides services and conduct activities which guide the City’s orderly development by applying the current zoning codes, facilitating development, implementing community plans, and preserving architectural and historic landmarks.
The Arts and Cultural Affairs Division is responsible for the Annual Grants Program, Public Art Program, Public Art Master Plan, Cultural Nexus Plan, and the Pasadena Film Office.
The objective of the City of Pasadena’s Code Compliance Division is to promote and maintain a safe and healthy living and working environment for our residents, businesses, and visitors.