***THE PERMIT CENTER WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY ON
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24 AND FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25***
***THE PERMIT CENTER WILL ALSO BE CLOSED ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15 FROM 7:30 A.M. TO 10:30 A.M. ***
The Permit Center Hours of Operation:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesdays: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Alternate Fridays: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Upcoming Closed Fridays :
|November 4 & 18|
|December 2, 16 & 30|
The following services are available: permit issuance for all subtrade permits, all minor permits (re-roofs, window change outs, bathroom/kitchen remodels per city standards, solar’ s under 10kv, demo, soft demo), rechecks, revisions, new submittals, fire permit applications/submittals, and all payment processing. We will no longer be accepting applications via email.
Please note the following:
- The drop off bins for Building & Safety are no longer available. All services will be done during our open hours.
- All Planning entitlement application submittals continue to be accepted pursuant to the procedures outlined in the following link: http://www.cityofpasadena.net/planning/planning-division/#temporary-planning-application-submittal-procedures
If visiting the Permit Center, please note the following:
- Customers must abide by the 6’ social distancing requirement at all times.
- Please be patient and arrive with extra time. Limited number of people will be allowed in at any given time.
- Use of public bathrooms and public computers not available.
- All new submittals, revisions and rechecks require 3 hard copy sets, 1 flash drive and a completed building permit application. Your plans will not be taken in without these items.
Staff are available at the following:
|Building & Safety||(626) email@example.com|
|Zoning||Available via firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Design & Historic Preservation||Available via email@example.com|
|Code Compliance||(626) 744-8633|
|Pre-Sale Self-Certification Program||(626) 744-8633|
|Fire Department||(626) 744-6885|
|Cultural Affairs & Film Office||(626) 744-3964|
|Public Works||Available via firstname.lastname@example.org|
For questions on permits or inspections, call (626) 744-4200 or email email@example.com
Payments for permits may be made online at the following link: https://mypermits.cityofpasadena.net/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/payinvoice
Please leave a message if you do not reach a live person. Note that return calls may come from ‘private’ or non-city phone numbers.
The Permit Center is a One-Stop-Shop where staff from multiple departments provide all development review and permitting services for customers.
Apply for Permit
The Permit Center processes many types of permits. Most are directly related to development; however, we also process permits to film in Pasadena, hold a garage sale, or erect a tent for your garden wedding.
Permit Center Online
Research Property • Search For A Permit • Check Case Status • Schedule An Inspection
Search Online Zoning Code
The Zoning Code describes various types of zoning districts and land use classifications, land use regulations, development standards, and environmental performance standards.
Counter Wait Times
Codes and Regulations
The Building & Safety Division provides plan review and construction inspection services to enforce minimum standards to safeguard life or limb, health, property and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location and maintenance of all buildings and structures.