New E-Permitting Services Coming March 2021!
Save yourself a visit to the Permit Center! You will soon be able to apply for and submit plans for Accessory Dwelling Units, and apply for and obtain subtrade permits via a fully automated express online process. HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing permits can be issued online same-day, in just minutes! In summer 2021, the City will be expanding online services to accept all building permit applications. Please check back for future updates when these features are available.
For questions related to electronic building permit applications submitted through the Citizen Self-Service Portal or Express Portal, please contact ePermitting@cityofpasadena.net
For all other questions related to building permits applications, please contact Permit_Center_Manager@cityofpasadena.net
New Energov Features
Expanded Online Services
- Schedule inspections online and receive call/text/email confirmation with inspection window
- Pay permit fees online with Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express or electronic check
- Track progress of permit applications
- Submit an application and plans for a new accessory dwelling unit
- Obtain mechanical, electrical and plumbing permits with Express Portal
Concurrent Plan Review
In an effort to improve the plan review process, the City has implemented a concurrent plan review process. All plan check submittals will be reviewed by all required plan reviewers at the same time. This replaces the process whereby reviews are conducted solely by Building & Safety until approval, and thereafter are reviewed by all other reviewers. All corrections / comments for the plans submittal will be provided in a consolidated report.
Please review the videos below for step by step instructions on the following:
- How do I create an Energov account?
- How do I schedule an inspection?
- How do I pay permit fees?
- How do I check the status of a building permit application?
- How do I check the status of a planning application?