New ePermitting Services!
Save yourself a visit to the Permit Center! Within minutes you can obtain subtrade permits and submit plans for new construction, tenant improvements, accessory dwelling units and additions. Soon all permits will be available for online application and plan submittal. Please check back for future updates when these features are available.
For questions related to electronic building permit applications submitted through the Citizen Self-Service Portal or Express Portal, please contact ePermitting@cityofpasadena.net
For all other questions related to building permits applications, please contact Permit_Center_Manager@cityofpasadena.net
New Energov Features
Expanded Online Services
- Submit an application for new construction, tenant improvements, accessory dwelling units (ADUs), additions, commercial solar, seismic retrofit and addressing.
- Obtain mechanical, electrical and plumbing permits within minutes utilizing the Express Permit Portal
- Schedule inspections online and receive call/text/email confirmation with inspection window
- Pay permit fees online with Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express or electronic check
- Track progress of permit applications
Note: Business license required for all contractors and agent to contractors pulling permits.
Concurrent Plan Review
In an effort to improve the permitting experience, the City has implemented a concurrent plan review process. All plan check submittals will be reviewed by all required plan reviewers at the same time. This replaces the process whereby reviews are conducted solely by Building & Safety until approval, and thereafter are reviewed by all other reviewers. All corrections / comments for the plans submittal will be provided in a consolidated report.
Please review the videos below for step by step instructions on the following:
- How do I create an Energov account?
- How do I schedule an inspection?
- How do I pay permit fees?
- How do I check the status of a building permit application?
- How do I check the status of a planning application?
- How do I submit an ADU or TI application electronically?
- How do I resubmit plans electronically?’
- How do I obtain an express permit?