New ePermitting Services!
Save yourself a visit to the Permit Center! You can now apply for and obtain subtrade permits and also submit plans for Accessory Dwelling Units via a fully automated express online process. Soon all permits will be available for online application and plan submittal. Please check back for future updates when these features are available.
For questions related to electronic building permit applications submitted through the Citizen Self-Service Portal or Express Portal, please contact ePermitting@cityofpasadena.net
For all other questions related to building permits applications, please contact Permit_Center_Manager@cityofpasadena.net
New Energov Features
Expanded Online Services
- Obtain mechanical, electrical and plumbing permits with Express Permit Portal
- Submit an application and plans for a new accessory dwelling unit
- Schedule inspections online and receive call/text/email confirmation with inspection window
- Pay permit fees online with Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express or electronic check
- Track progress of permit applications
Concurrent Plan Review
In an effort to improve the permitting experience, the City has implemented a concurrent plan review process. All plan check submittals will be reviewed by all required plan reviewers at the same time. This replaces the process whereby reviews are conducted solely by Building & Safety until approval, and thereafter are reviewed by all other reviewers. All corrections / comments for the plans submittal will be provided in a consolidated report.
Please review the videos below for step by step instructions on the following:
- How do I create an Energov account?
- How do I schedule an inspection?
- How do I pay permit fees?
- How do I check the status of a building permit application?
- How do I check the status of a planning application?