Ten-year Master Development Plan – Approved June 1993
Hillsides Home for Children is located at 940 Avenue 64 in the southwestern area of the city between Church Street and the city limit with Los Angeles.
The Master Development Plan covered the following activities:
- Construction of an addition to the existing education building to provide classroom education for a total of 72 children
- Construction of two new cottages
- Reuse of an existing cottage as an office area for community outreach programs.
- Demolition of three existing structures to provide sites for the new structures.
- Demolition of the existing maintenance structure.
- Construction of a children’s resource center to provide area for therapeutic, administrative and recreational support to the campus.