(40-year Master Development Plan) Approved February 1987; Amended September 1994, November 2005 & February 2008
Huntington Memorial Hospital covers approximately 26 acres of land and has been located at its Congress Street address since 1902. The hospital boundaries are California Boulevard to the north, Fair Oaks Avenue to the east, Bellefontaine to the south and Pasadena Avenue to the west. Over the past 100 years, the hospital has physically expanded to meet the growing demand for both patient care and medical research facilities. In 1987 the City Council approved the Huntington Memorial Hospital Master Plan to provide for future expansion of the hospital over a period of 40 years with a total of 606 beds provided. In February 2008, the Master Plan was amended to include the emergency department and vertical expansion. With this amendment, the Master Plan boundary was changed and Fairmount Avenue (a private street) will be rerouted.