Lead poisoning can affect anyone, but it is especially dangerous for young children and pregnant women. This free program is designed to remove lead paint hazards from the inside and outside of your home, creating a healthier living environment for you and your children. If you are a homeowner, landlord or renter, you can answer a few pre-qualifying questions to see if you are eligible and if we are in your area.
The Lead Free Homes program will be only available in certain areas of the City of Pasadena and in surrounding areas for a limited time, so it is important to check if the program is currently in your area. If the program is not currently in your area, we may be in your area at a later time. If you are interested, we encourage you to find out if you are eligible as soon as possible.
How do I know if I am eligible?
- Was your home built before 1951?
- Is the paint in your home chipped or cracked?
- Are there children under 6 years old or pregnant women living in or visiting your home?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might be eligible. To see if you qualify or your home is in an area we are servicing, click the button below and enter your address and zip code.
If you are eligible, use the button below to fill out and submit your application online.
10 Facts about Lead Free Homes
- All services are FREE. There are no costs for tenants, property owners or homeowners.
- Immigration or citizenship status will never be asked and information will not be shared with immigration agencies.
- Program staff who speak languages other than English are available throughout the entire process.
- Your inspector is available for any questions through direct contact.
- A final inspection will be completed once repairs are done to review the quality of work and ensure repairs were done properly.
- Our teams will remove all lead paint hazards from inside and outside your home.
- Any personal information collected will be kept confidential.
- Licensed and bonded professionals conduct lead paint testing and remediation procedures.
- Repairs take only a couple of days to a couple of weeks (approximately 2 to 10 days), depending on size of your home and the amount of lead paint hazards found.
- Over time, we will be serving Pasadena and the surrounding areas. For more information, please email email@example.com
Making It Safer to Stay Safe at Home
Alejandro’s home was remediated during the COVID-19 pandemic. His repair team took every precaution to keep Alejandro safe while removing lead-based paint hazards.
No Days Off
Howard was impressed by the hard work and dedication of his repair team to finish the work quickly with attention to quality.
Savings and Safety in Boyle Heights
Merle and her son appreciated the flexible scheduling of the repairs and the financial assistance that covered all repair and relocation costs during a stressful time.
Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program – Pasadena Public Health Department
Information on lead poisoning and ways to protect children from lead exposure
National Head Start Association
Information for educators and parents on the risks of lead and lead poisoning for students and children
Environmental Protection Agency
Information on lead exposure, safety information, and other abatement and evaluation programs
American Academy of Pediatrics
Your pediatrician’s role in preventing lead exposure, treating lead poisoning, and advocating for public health measures to address the problem