PROGRAMS OPERATING AND AVAILABLE AT 1845 N FAIR OAKS (UNLESS OTHER LOCATION NOTED)
- Cashier services (Open Mondays and Thursdays from 8:00am to 5:00pm.)
- Communicable Disease Prevention
- Geriatric Empowerment Model (GEM) Link (at Jackie Robinson Community Center, 1020 N Fair Oaks Ave)
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Tuberculosis Clinic (Tuesday 8am – 12pm only)
- Vital Records (Open Mondays and Thursdays from 8:00am to 5:00pm.)
PROGRAMS OFFERING SERVICES BY PHONE ONLY
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) (626) 744-6339
- Black Infant Health (626) 744-6155
- Child Health & Disability Prevention (626) 744-6093
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (626) 744-6171
- HIV Counseling & Testing (626) 744-6190
- Local Oral Health (626) 744-6093
- Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health (800) 304-0015
- Medi-Cal Enrollment (626) 744-6068
- Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention (626) 744-6163
- Transition-Aged Youth (TAY) Link (626) 744-7200
- Tobacco Control Education (626) 744-6071
- Tobacco Control Enforcement (626) 744-6071
- WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counseling (626) 744-6520
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) (626) 744-6520
VITAL RECORDS OFFICE
The Vital Records counter is open Mondays and Thursdays only, from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Birth and Death Certificates
- Applications will be processed in person on Mondays and Thursdays with same day service offered at no additional cost until further notice.
- Applications are also accepted by mail. Applications are available on our website at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/public-health/birth-and-death-records/ .
Funeral Homes and Mortuaries
- Pasadena Death Certificate applications for Funeral Homes and Mortuaries are available at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/public-health/birth-and-death-records/#funeral-homes-and-mortuaries .
- Burial, Removal, and Transit Permits: To apply for a Burial, Removal, and Transit Permits, please contact the Vital Records Office at (626) 744-6052. If you are a current EDRS user, please use the EDRS system to create the permits and contact the Vital Records Office at (626) 744-6052.
- After-hours service request(s) must be submitted by fax to (626) 291-0899 from 8:00 AM -2:00 PM and are accepted when the office is closed every other Friday and each Saturday.
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- California Violence Intervention Program (CalVIP)
- HRSA 2.0 Operation Link
- Immunization Clinic
- Pasadena Outreach & Response Team (PORT)
- Prop 47 Reintegration Program
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Control (SAPC) Education
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Program
- WIC Farmers Market Nutrition
- WIC Little by Little
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
The Environmental Health public counter is closed, but the Division continues to function to meet the needs of our businesses and community.
Contact us by phone (626) 744-6004 or email email@example.com during normal business hours:
- Monday thru Thursday 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- Every other Friday 8:00AM to 4:00PM
- Submit plans and revisions in the drop-off bin at the building’s main entranceon 1845 N. Fair Oaks Ave during our normal business hours. The Plan Check Application must be completed and attached securely to the plans. To request a Plan Check Application contact our office. A link to pay the plan review fee is sent within three business days to the email address written on the application.
- Request a plan review inspection by calling the Environmental Health office or by contacting the plan review inspector directly. Inspections are conducted with the applicant only. No additional persons (customers, employees, residents, etc.) should be present.
Health Permit Application
- Contact the office by phone or email during business hours to request the Health Permit Application. Submit by email and ensure to provide all necessary information:
- Complete all fields on the application
- Only the owner of the business, or a member of the corporation or limited liability company may sign
- Provide a copy of the driver’s license for the owner
- Provide the Articles of Incorporation or the LLC documents and include a list of all members
- You will be instructed to pay for the health permit at the Department’s cashier window once all paperwork is received
- You will receive your health permit in the mail after the payment is made
Sharps Containers are available at the cashier window on Mondays and Thursdays only. Pasadena residents may request one container with proof of residency.
Environmental Health continues to investigate public health complaints related to food handling, vermin, smoking, lead hazards, and general sanitation concerns. Submit complaints directly by calling (626) 744-6004, through the Citizen Service Center by calling (626) 744-7311, or by visiting https://www.cityofpasadena.net/CSC.
Within a culturally affirming environment and honoring the unique history of African-American women, Black Infant Health (BIH) aims to help women have healthy babies. Participants learn proven strategies to reduce stress and develop life skills. This is accomplished through a group-based approach with complimentary case management.
The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program is a FREE health promotion and disease prevention program for low-income children and youth in California.
The Pasadena Public Health Department seeks to reduce the number of uninsured children and families, and improve the overall health of Pasadena residents by providing access to care. Our health insurance outreach program helps enroll single adults, families, pregnant women, and children in health insurance programs.
The PPHD Travel & Immunization Clinic may provide routine or traveler vaccines for children and adults.
Travel & Immunization Clinic Hours
Monday and Wednesday
8:00-11:00am and 1:30-4:30pm
The Pasadena Local Oral Health Program (LOHP) is funded by the Proposition 56 Tobacco Tax Act of 2016. The goal of the LOHP is to improve oral health by providing professionals and community members with education about oral health and dental disease prevention, and linkage to treatment of dental disease. For more information, call (626) 744-6093.