Are you a healthy role model for your family and friends? Do you want to be? Are there changes you would like to make in your community, like improve the lunch menu at your child’s school or get your corner store to carry more fruits and vegetables?
The Champions for Change Program has the resources, training and support you need to be successful!
Who is a Champion for Change
Champions for Change are individuals who have decided to make health a priority in their households and communities. As mothers and fathers, grandparents, teachers, pastors, coaches, employers, and youth, Champions for Change are joining the movement in making healthy changes in eating habits and physical activity, one step at a time.
Champions for Change inspire, inform and empower others to follow their lead in making small changes that add up to big health improvements, because “you don’t have to be perfect, just be better.”
- Role Models
- Strive to eat healthy and be physically active every day
- Serve healthy meals to their families
- Show through their actions how it is possible for others to be healthy and active
- Be a local voice for change
- Recognize obstacles in their community that stand in the way of good health
- Work with community and business leaders and policy makers to create change
- Brand Ambassadors
- Share their stories with family, friends, neighbors and members of their community
- Receive spokesperson training
- Participate in local activities
- Promote Champions for Change messages through traditional and social media
- Lead food and/or physical activity demonstrations
- Share tips, recipes and ideas
Become a Champion for Change
Join our group of Champions for Change who are making healthy changes for their families and community in Pasadena!
If you are interested in learning more about this group, call (626) 744-6134.