The Pasadena Public Health Department partners with the community and local organizations to provide health services and conduct policy planning to improve the quality of life for Pasadena residents and future generations. To join a collaborative or for more information, contact our collaboratives below.
Maternal, Child Adolescent Health (MCAH) Collaborative
Agencies and individual professionals working with low-income women of reproductive age, infants, children, and adolescents are invited to participate in the MCAH Collaborative and the Pasadena Healthy Women, Healthy Babies Coalition. Through policy, planning, review of legislative policies that impact the MCAH population, and collaborative efforts, we strive to achieve optimal health and well-being for our community. Join us as we endeavor to promote healthy lifestyle choices for healthy families and children by calling (800) 304-0015.
Mental Health Advisory Committee – Service Area 3
PPHD serves on the Service Area Advisory Committee (SAAC) for Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health’s Service Area 3. Each SAAC functions as a local forum of consumers, families, service providers and community representatives to provide the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH) with information, advice and recommendations regarding:
- The functioning of local service systems
- The mental health service needs of their geographic area
- The most effective/efficient use of available resources
- The maintenance of two-way communication between the DMH and various groups and geographic communities
For more information on the Mental Health Advisory Committee, call (626) 744-6339.
Pasadena Cigarette Stompers
The mission of the Pasadena Cigarette Stompers is to prevent tobacco use among youth, reduce youth access to tobacco and to provide youth with a tobacco-free environment through prevention and education activities. This coalition aims to:
- Prevent Pasadena youth from growing up and becoming cigarette smokers
- Advocate to create smoke free environments and work with our community partners to enforce tobacco control laws
- Work with the Pasadena Police Department to prevent merchants from selling tobacco, e-cigarettes, and other tobacco products to minors
- Monitor, observe and decrease tobacco advertising in our community
Youth looking to join this coalition should call (626) 744-6142.
Pasadena Youth MOVE
Project Wraparound’s Youth Advisory Board, Pasadena Youth MOVE, is proud to be Southern California’s first Youth MOVE National Chapter. Pasadena Youth MOVE is comprised of enthusiastic and committed young individuals, ranging in age from 9 to 21, who are role models for their community and peers. Pasadena Youth MOVE members:
- Advocate awareness for mental health, LGBTQI2-S, and substance abuse resources and tools to support their community
- Build partnerships and relationships with local businesses, health service centers, schools, and other youth advisory boards to create a strong network
- Commit to monthly meetings, social events, community service, and membership recruitment to keep Pasadena Youth MOVE thriving
- Delegate different tasks and responsibilities to officers and members of the Board, thus teaching leadership skills and work ethic
- Educate by learning leadership and business skills, keeping up with current affairs and services provided by the community, and listening to guest speakers
If you are interested in joining Pasadena Youth MOVE or for guest speaker or sponsorship opportunities, please contact (626) 744-6325.
Pasadena Tobacco Prevention Coalition
The mission of the Pasadena Tobacco Prevention Coalition is to preserve and protect the health and well-being of individuals who live, work and play in Pasadena communities and the surrounding area and provide education with regard to the harmful effects of tobacco, tobacco smoke, and new and emerging products among youth and underserved populations. The coalition:
- Partners with the local Pasadena Public Health Department to provide input to the Comprehensive Tobacco Control Plan to reduce a youth’s easy access to tobacco products, reduce the public’s exposure to secondhand smoke, and to counter pro-tobacco influences with public health media campaigns
- Educates the community about the harmful effects about tobacco use and emerging tobacco products such e-cigarettes
- Promotes smoking cessation resources through 1-800-NO-BUTTS to help local residents to quit smoking
- Works with the youth coalition Pasadena Cigarette Stompers to further protect youth from tobacco use
Adults looking for more information on joining this coalition, call (626) 744-6142.