Participants must be in one of the following categories:
- Pregnant woman
- Breastfeeding mother (until infant is 1 year)
- Mother who are not breastfeeding (until infant is 6 months)
- Woman up to 6 months after a pregnancy loss
- Infant and child under 5 years of age
Your family income must be at or below 185% of the current federal poverty guidelines. To see if you qualify, call (626) 744-6520 to set up an appointment or visit our mobile-friendly website at https://m.wic.ca.gov/ to take an eligibility assessment at WIC Mobile - Eligibility Assessment to find a WIC local agency site near you.
Fathers, grandparents, foster parents, and other caregivers can apply and receive benefits for eligible children in their care.
Call us at (626) 744-6520 to make an appointment or complete the form below to request for an appointment. At your appointment, WIC staff will check to see if you and your family qualify. Please bring the following documents to the appointment:
- Proof of income – such as a paycheck stub, Medi-Cal card, tax return
- Proof of address – such as current mail, utility bill, rent receipt, online bills
- Identification – such as driver license, passport, birth certificate
- Proof of pregnancy (if applicable)- such as ultrasound, MD letter
- The person(s) who is/are applying – such as the mother and/or child; all must be present at enrollment
WIC provides you with vouchers to use at the store for nutritious foods, including
- Whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat bread, corn or whole wheat tortillas, bulgur, oats, or barley)
- Your choice of fruits and vegetables
- Dry beans
- Peanut butter
- Breakfast cereal
- Milk (lactose-free available)
- 100% Juice
- Infant foods
- Soymilk and tofu (optional)
- Canned fish (breastfeeding women only)
During pregnancy and the first few months of your baby’s life, most of your WIC appointments will be once a month. After that, you may receive 2-3 months of benefits at a time.
Some appointments will be for individual nutrition counseling and certification (renewal of eligibility), and some will be interactive group sessions to help keep your family healthy.
When your baby is born, and once every year until the child is 5 years old, you will need to bring your child and necessary documents for re-certification.