Participants must be in one of the following categories:
- Pregnant woman
- Breastfeeding mother (until infant is 1 year)
- Mother who are not breastfeeding (until infant is 6 months)
- Woman up to 6 months after a pregnancy loss
- Infant and child under 5 years of age
Your family income must be at or below 185% of the current federal poverty guidelines. To see if you qualify, please visit our mobile-friendly website at https://myfamily.wic.ca.gov/Home/AmIEligible#step1 and text us after if you do qualify at (888) 416-9426 to receive additional screening assessment for eligibility.”
Fathers, grandparents, foster parents, and other caregivers can apply and receive benefits for eligible children in their care.
Text us at (888) 416-4926 or call (626) 744-6520 to make an appointment or complete the Request for an Appointment form below. Prior to your appointment, WIC staff will check to see if you and/or your family qualifies for WIC. Please upload the following documents prior to your appointment in English or for Spanish. If you need assistance with document upload, please refer to the available instructions in English or Spanish. At your appointment, WIC staff will check to see if you and your family qualify. Please bring the following documents to the appointment:
- Proof of income – such as a paycheck stub, Medi-Cal card, tax return
- Proof of gross income
- Proof of address – such as current mail, utility bill, rent receipt, online bills
- Identification – such as driver license, passport, birth certificate
- Proof of pregnancy (if applicable)- such as ultrasound, MD letter
- The person(s) who is/are applying – such as the mother and/or child; all must be present at enrollment
Please text us at (888) 416-4926 with your first and last name and the best time to reach you.
*Due to critical staffing shortage, inquiries may take up to 5 business days for responses and phone wait time may be longer than usual. We apologize for any inconvenience.
WIC provides you with an electronic benefit WIC Card to use at the store for nutritious foods, including
- Whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat bread, corn or whole wheat tortillas, bulgur, oats, or barley)
- Your choice of fruits and vegetables
- Dry beans
- Peanut butter
- Breakfast cereal
- Milk (lactose-free available)
- 100% Juice
- Infant foods
- Soymilk and tofu (optional)
- Canned fish (breastfeeding women only)
During pregnancy and the first few months of your baby’s life, most of your WIC appointments will be once a month. After that, you may receive 2-3 months of benefits at a time.
Some appointments will be for individual nutrition counseling and certification (renewal of eligibility), and some will be interactive group sessions to help keep your family healthy.
When your baby is born, and once every year until the child is 5 years old, you will need to bring your child and necessary documents for re-certification.