LOS ANGELES COUNTY S.A.F.E. COLLECTION CENTER
Location: 4600 Colorado Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90039
Saturday and Sundays 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
For Information: 800-773-2489 / www.lacitysan.org
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW):
Paints and solvents, household batteries*, fluorescent tubes/bulbs and light ballasts (no metal fixtures)*, cleaning products, used motor oil and filters, anti-freeze and other automotive fluids, car batteries, pool and garden chemicals, aerosol cans, home generated SHARPS* such as needles or lancets, unused medicine (except controlled substances), asbestos*, wood with creosote such as railroad ties*, and more.
ELECTRONIC WASTE (E-WASTE):
Computers, monitors, printers, network, equipment, cables, telephones, televisions, microwaves, video games, cell phones, radios, stereos, and VCRs. For a complete list of acceptable and non-acceptable e-waste please click on this link.
* batteries: please tape both terminals of the batteries with clear packing tape, electrical tape, or duct tape
* fluorescent light bulbs/tubes and ballasts are accepted but cannot be attached. No metal fixtures.
* SHARPS: place in the needles, lancets, etc. in the red containers, or clearly marked puncture-proof containers such as coffee cans or detergent bottles.
* asbestos (friable): must be abated by professionals, wetted, and double bagged in clearly-labeled plastic bags; must be less than 3 ft. in length
* wood (creosote): must be less than 3 ft. in length
The follow items are NOT accepted. Please call our 24-hour Customer Care Center at 1-800-773-2489 for assistance in disposing of these items.
- Marine flares
- Smoke Detectors
- LED Lights
- Metal light fixtures
- Business/commercial wastes (see CESQG)
- Ammunition, firecrackers and explosives
- Radioactive materials and medical/biological wastes
- Tires, and bulky items such as furniture and large appliances
- Fire Extinguishers
- Oxygen tanks/cylinders
- Acetylene tanks/cylinders
- All other compressed gas tanks/cylinders (Except propane tanks, butane tanks, MAPP gas tanks, and helium tanks).
S.A.F.E. Collection Center Website:
LA County Mobile Household Hazardous Waste / E-Waste Event Schedule: https://pw.lacounty.gov/general/enotifycalendar/calendar.aspx
S.A.F.E. Collection Center Information Flyer:
SAFE Collection Center