Parking Permit at Other Locations


Special Event Sponsor’s Valet Parking Permit

A Sponsor is typically a business or property owner and is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the valet parking operator is compliant with all rules and regulations pertaining to the valet parking operation. The Sponsor is responsible for all street usage and parking meter fees for use of on-street parking or loading spaces used for drop-off and pick-up of vehicles.

The Sponsor will also be notified of any violations to the permit and failure of the Sponsor or the Operator to comply with any regulations may result in revocation of the permits.

Documents that shall be accompanied with a valet parking permit application for the Sponsor include the following:

  1. A signed statement by the Sponsor that there is a need for valet services.
  2. Certificate of Insurance for the selected valet operator.
  3. A copy of the selected valet operator’s current operator permit issued by the city.
  4. A circulation map indicating the routes to be used between any passenger loading zone (or other vehicle drop-off point), the parking or storage location, and back to the pickup point. (The diagram shall indicate the location of any proposed signs or attendant’s stands, including the dimensions of the signs or attendant’s stands with respect to the sidewalk area.) If the business establishment provides sidewalk dining, the diagram should also show the sidewalk dining area.
  5. A copy of a written contract, license or lease between the Sponsor (or the Sponsor’s establishment) and the operator of any parking facility or storage area designated as the parking or storage location. (The contract or covenant shall contain a provision that it cannot be cancelled without at least thirty (30) days written notice to the other party and to the City of Pasadena.)
  6. Disclosure of all prior valet parking permits issued to the Sponsor’s current or prior businesses located in Pasadena.
Any new sponsor or operator’s permit applications will require a public hearing held by the director of transportation or his designee.
This process normally takes 4-6 weeks.


The City recognizes the occasional need for construction vehicles to be allowed to park in time restricted zones for a period of time longer than posted. To best accommodate this need, a Temporary On-street Construction Parking Permit program has been implemented.

Please click here for Construction Vehicle Parking Permit.

What are the qualifications for a Construction Vehicle Parking Permit?

In order to qualify for a temporary on-street construction parking permit your vehicle must be a construction vehicle or a vehicle used to carry construction equipment and/or tools used for construction and/or maintenance. Please be advised that issuance of a Temporary On-street Construction Parking Permit is subject to review and is a privilege and not a matter of right. In order to qualify for a permit, you must meet the eligibility requirements of the program and submit photocopies of the documents listed below.

A photocopy of a valid City of Pasadena construction permit (building, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.) or signed contract with the property owner must be submitted at the time of permit issuance. Address on permit or contract must match parking location.
Permits will not be issued 6 months past the expiration date listed on any City of Pasadena construction permit or signed contract (subject to review)
Construction workers using their personal vehicles to park at a job site do not qualify for a construction vehicle parking permit.

Where can construction workers park?

Construction workers are encouraged to carpool to construction sites and find parking in nearby parking structures and parking lots. If construction occurs in residential areas with parking restrictions, construction workers may purchase Temporary Daytime Parking Exemptions which will allow them to park in time restricted zones for a period of time longer than posted.

Where can I park with a Construction Vehicle Parking Permit?

Vehicles must be parked in a space where it is legal to park and within 1,000 feet of the worksite.
The Temporary Construction Parking Permit SHALL NOT EXEMPT the vehicle displaying the placard from complying with any parking regulation including the following restrictions: “No Stopping” Zones, Handicapped Zones (Blue Curb), “Tow Away” Zones, Fire Hydrants, Red Curb, Taxi Zones, Red Curb for Bus Zones, No Parking for Street Cleaning, Passenger Loading Zones (White Curb), Commercial Loading Zones, and Temporary Parking or Stopping Restrictions. Vehicles may not impede traffic or affect public safety.

Temporary On-street Construction Parking Permits are not valid on metered streets unless a need to park at a meter has been determined by the Department of Transportation and prior arrangements have been made with the Parking Office for payment of meter fees.

Temporary On-street Construction Parking Permits are not valid between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.

What if I need to park my Construction Vehicle at a meter or in a particular location to perform routine maintenance?

If you need to park your construction vehicle at a meter to access a home or building to perform annual or routine maintenance please contact the Parking Office and inform them about your need to park at a particular location. Additional fees may apply for temporary no parking signs and meter fees.

Please keep in mind that in order to secure a particular location, temporary no parking signs will be issued and must be posted at least 24 hours in advance of the requested time and date.

What is the cost and duration of the Construction Vehicle Parking Permit?

You may purchase a single day or monthly construction vehicle parking permits. The cost of permits is as follows:

  • Monthly Permits are $76.00 per month, per vehicle in commercial and business areas
  • Monthly Permits are $50.00 per month, per vehicle in residential area
  • One Day Permits are $25.00 for one day, per vehicle in residential, commercial and business areas

Is there a maximum number of Parking Permits that I may purchase?

No more than 6 permits will be issued to any one qualifying construction address. Renewal permits are subject to review prior to issuance. Additional permits require the approval of the Parking Manager.

Can I park a wheeled/trailed storage container on the street?

To park a wheeled or trailered storage container temporarily on the street or in the public right-of-way, a permit MUST be obtained from the Parking Division of the Transportation Department. The application for a permit that begins the process can be obtained at the Parking Office public counter located at 100 N Garfield Avenue, Rm N106.

Download Wheeled or Trailered Storage Container Permit Application.

What is the difference between a wheeled/trailered storage container and a portable storage container?

A wheeled/trailered storage container has wheels, a license plate, connects to a cab, and is permitted by the Department of Transportation.

A portable storage container does not have wheels or a license plate and is permitted by the Department of Public Works.  For placement of portable storage containers within the public right of way, use the Portable Storage Container Online application.

How long can I park a wheeled/trailered storage in the public right of way?

You may park a wheeled/trailered storage container for a maximum of 2 days and one night. In extreme circumstances, if you will need to park your vehicle more than one night you must obtain approval from the Parking Manager.

What is the fee for a Wheeled/Trailered Storage Container and what does the fee Cover?

The fee for a Wheeled/Trailered Storage Container is $222.00. The fee covers processing of your permit, street rental fees, review and inspection of your application and Wheeled/Trailered Storage Container by the Department of Transportation. It includes the issuance of up to four Temporary No Parking signs. The Traffic Division will review your application to ensure that your Wheeled/Trailered Storage Container does not create a traffic hazard, community inconvenience or nuisance, ensure that there is sufficient space for you to park the moving vehicle without block driveways and that there is no sight visibility issues at intersections and adjacent driveways.

How long does it take to process an application for a Wheeled/Trailered Storage Container?

We ask that you submit your application to the Parking Division of the Department of Transportation at least 10 working days in advance to allow sufficient time to review your application.

A wheeled or trailered storage container must have reflectorization in accordance with City standards which may include the placement of type 2 barricades with flashers if the vehicle does not have rear reflectorized lights. Caution must be taken to safeguard the traveling public and other parked vehicles. Applicant will be held responsible for any accidents resulting from the location of this equipment, as well as for damage to public trees, streets, curbs, meters, sidewalks and other public property.

Rules and Regulations for Wheeled/Trailered Storage Containers

Each application shall require:

  1. The name and address of the applicant, showing legal identity (individual, partnership, or corporation, etc.) as applicable. The applicant must be the person residing in the home or the person operating the business in front of which the wheeled or trailered storage container is to be placed;
  2. The purpose in requesting the permit.
  3. The business location and owner of the wheeled or trailered storage container;
  4. The duration the wheeled or trailered storage container would be stored on public right-of-way (10 day maximum);
  5. All other information reasonably required by the Director of Transportation or his designee, to fulfill the intent of the application;
  6. As a part of the application, the applicant agrees to absolve the City of any claims or any liabilities in connection with the placement/parking of trailer or wheeled storage container.

The Director of Transportation or designee may inspect the site to ascertain a possible alternative to placing the trailer or wheeled storage container on the street.
If no such alternative exists, the Director of Transportation or designee may inspect the proposed street location to determine if a traffic hazard, community inconvenience, or nuisance will be created.

If trailer or wheeled storage container must be placed in the public street, the Director of Transportation or designee , may approve the location by pre-inspection where the proposed trailer or wheeled storage container is to be placed, taking into consideration such factors as distance from intersection, proximity of neighboring driveways, visibility offered to drivers, etc.

The Director of Transportation or designee shall determine the maximum length of time the bin shall be allowed to remain on the City street. (NOT more than ten (10) days except in extraordinary circumstances at the sole discretion of the Director of Transportation or designee).
The completed application and recommendation shall be considered by the Director of Transportation or designee, for approval/disapproval.
The applicant shall be notified of approval/disapproval.

If approved, the applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of Pasadena, and pay the associated fees per city fee schedule based on duration of described permit.

To reserve parking space for an event, please use Special Event Parking Permit Application.