Pasadena Walks! is a project designated to develop a Pedestrian Plan for Pasadena. The project will identify barriers to walking and options to improve such barriers. Over the course of the project, the project team will conduct a number of activities to inform plan development, including:
- Review of citywide pedestrian collision data
- Collect public input and feedback via a survey, focus groups, and outreach
- Conduct presentations to update stakeholders and the public on our progress
- Collect counts of Pedestrians currently walking on city streets
According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, traffic crashes are the number one cause of premature death in the County for children aged 5-14. Vehicle collisions are also the number two cause of premature death for children 1-4, young adults 15-24, and adults 25-44.
The project will review local collision data as part of the planning process to identify locations that are most difficult for people walking in Pasadena. This data may then be used to help prioritize future investments and safety improvements.
How can I get involved?
People who live, work, or play in Pasadena are invited to help the City develop plans for a safer, healthier, more walkable Pasadena.
Community Meeting #2
You’re invited to attend the second Community Meeting for Pasadena Walks! project on Wednesday October 20, 2021 via Zoom from 6:00 to 7:30 PM.
At this meeting, you’ll be able to learn about potential opportunity areas being recommended for pedestrian improvement. We encourage you to attend the meeting, ask questions, and to provide your feedback on improvement recommendations.
No RSVP is required. Simply use the following Zoom link or dial-in number and meeting ID to join the meeting.
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 861 7448 6661
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbJygiJVEn
Share images and thoughts on walking in Pasadena on social media by using the hashtag #PasadenaWalks.
This project is made possible by a grant from the Southern California Association of Governments.
- James Farr, Accessibility and Disability Commission
- Alison Everett, Accessibility Coordinator
- Allen Shay, Northwest Commission
- Bin Lee, Council District 1 Appointee
- Aaron Salinger, Council District 2 Appointee
- Morey Wolfson, Council District 3 Appointee
- Carlos Rios P.E., Council District 4 Appointee
- Topher Mathers, Council District 5 Appointee
- Nancy Walker, Ph.D., Council District 6 Appointee
- Ashley Haire Ph.D., P.E., Council District 7 Appointee
- Deborah Dentler, Playhouse Village Association
- Gina Tleel, South Lake Business Association
- Steve Mulheim, Old Pasadena Management District
- Ken Perry, Keep Pasadena Moving
- Amanda Colligan, Pasadena Complete Streets Coalition
- Dan Huynh, Staff appointed volunteer
- Lameese Chang, Staff appointed volunteer
The project is supported by an advisory committee composed of members of the Pasadena Commissions, Business Improvement Districts, appointees from each Council District, and local stakeholder groups.