Below is a list of some of the classes we are offering:
- Grow It, Try It, Like It: n early childcare garden-themed nutrition education kit to help introduce children to six types of fruits and vegetables.
- Food Smarts: a flexible, learner-centered cooking and nutrition education series with a focus on food waste reduction and meal planning.
- Around the Table: Nourishing Families – a 6-week multigenerational series that promotes community connection to food through hands-on skill development and discussion.
- A Taste of African Heritage: a 6-week cooking curriculum that teaches history, nutrition and cooking techniques that reconnect participants with vibrant, healthy and traditional foods.
- Eat Smart, Live Strong: Nutrition Education for Older Adults – an intervention designed to improve fruit and vegetable consumption and physical activity among 60-74 year old seniors.
Physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health and well-being. Building healthy habits are critical to reducing the risks associated with obesity and other chronic diseases. Almost all of our nutrition education classes and workshop series incorporate physical activity promotion.
Here is a list of CalFresh Healthy Living approved physical activity curricula that the Nutrition & Physical Activity Program integrates into our programming:
- Power Up in 10! - a great start to getting your daily physical activity. This booklet has (10) basic movement to increase strength and flexibility without equipment. Includes nutrition tips on every page. Offered in both English and Spanish.
- Shape of Yoga – a booklet of ten basic yoga poses that encourages families to exercise together with yoga, building strength and flexibility. Offered in both English and Spanish.
- Enhance Fitness – offers group classes and exercise programs to help older adults at all fitness levels and ability levels to become more active, energized and empowered.